Pain in tooth? tooth movement?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

drgnchsr36

Pain in tooth? tooth movement?

#1 Post by drgnchsr36 »

Just wondering, I've read in people's stories that sometimes they have certain teeth that hurt, even to floss - it finally happened to me. It's just one particular tooth. It hurts a lot less now, but it's still sore a bit biting down and flossing around the area.

Do you guys think it means there's movement with this particular tooth?

tianna

Re: Pain in tooth? tooth movement?

#2 Post by tianna »

Hi there,yes it means movement in the roots..and teeth that need to move a lot or rotate become very tender.I had a few like that - specially lower incisors and one premolar that had to rotate..it's been nearly 2 months and it's still sore.Even the vibration from the electric toothbrush made me shiver..Don't worry,it's all very freaky but normal.

drgnchsr36

#3 Post by drgnchsr36 »

thanks for the reply. I'm thankful that it's gone for now. I appreciate the explanation :)

yoginbraces

#4 Post by yoginbraces »

What's amazing for me is in the beginning I loathed when my teeth ached but now I've gotten to the point where if I don't have at least a little discomfort I don't think anything is moving or progressing. Enjoy your tooth pain. :-)

dwalls32

#5 Post by dwalls32 »

I've got 2 teeth with chains to the molars to get them to rotate and they hurt like crazy. Even popping the floss between them really hurts.