ALF Appliance - is anyone having treatment using this ?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Andj

Re: ALF Appliance - is anyone having treatment using this ?

#91 Post by Andj »

Hi there, I’m looking for contact detail for dentists in Dublin, Ireland that provide ALF. Thanks

Humdan

#92 Post by Humdan »

Is an Alf appliance same as twin blocks?

MamaSita

#93 Post by MamaSita »

My 19 year old son and I got our ALF appliances installed a few days ago. It is more uncomfortable and invasive than I thought it would be. It's a foreign object in your mouth with wires on the roof of your mouth and the floor. It's been about 2-1/2 days and it is getting easier to bear for me. My son's is a little different than mine and it's really not okay. We are going to ask for a refit or maybe even to have it remade. There are wires crossing the biting surfaces of his teeth so he can't chew. We are both having problems with food and have resorted to smoothies, banana bread (soft things). Cleaning is much harder than I expected. I ate some quinoa this morning, thinking that because it was small I could just sort of swallow it. Wrong. It took me 15 minutes of brushing, flossing and swishing to get most of it out of my teeth and the appliance. Hoping it gets better.