Pain in molar!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ksqtbraces

Pain in molar!

#1 Post by ksqtbraces »

The last few days I've noticed that the banded molar on one side (upper) has been super sensitive to cold. Then last night after I brushed I put my floride on and I got a BAD zing through that tooth.

Also, I noticed that the band seems to "creak" a little when pressure is applied to it.

I'm going in tomorrow morning to get it checked out...I'm soo scared that there's a cavity or abcess in that tooth! I really can't afford a root canal and crown right now :(

Has anyone else experinced that? Could all it be just a loose band?

Ellebraced

Re: Pain in molar!

#2 Post by Ellebraced »

Hey ksqtbraces

Did you get your tooth fixed??

My back lower molar is KILLING me, I have had other molars with a bit of pain but this is PAINFUL, I even bought clove oil to put on it and it still hurts, really really sensitive to heat. I do not go to ortho for another 12 days I might have to call on Monday and see if they can fit me in next week if the pain is still there. I think I have a filling on that tooth and there was not much room for the molar band that has been on about 2 weeks (1 week I was on pain killers 24/7 so I don't know if it hurt then but didn't feel it because of painkillers). Not a very nice feeling, I hope it's nothing can't afford any more dental bills.

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

ksqtbraces

#3 Post by ksqtbraces »

Well I went it and the orth looked at it and said it looked fine. They said that if it's still hurting in a week to call back and either they would take the band off or I would have to go to my general dentist and have it looked at. So, it's pretty much still the same. Sensitive to cold and super sensitive when I put the floride gel on it! ZING!

how is yours doing?

Neya

#4 Post by Neya »

Sensitivity to cold and pain can just be irritation.

Sensitivity to heat is almost always bad news(infected pulp or extremely irritated pulp that's leading to infection) Especially if cold helps relieve discomfort.