Calling all my fellow bite turbo wearers....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

thmmom

Calling all my fellow bite turbo wearers....

#1 Post by thmmom »

Alright, I am 7 months into my braces treatment and still have my bite turbos. My daughter and I had our braces put on the same day and she had her turbos taken out at our last adjustment. I asked at the appt about mine and was told that until my molars touch I will keep them. So anyhow, I'm just wondering for others out there - how long did you or have you had your bite turbos in? It will be such a happy day when they come out!
Ceramic braces top & bottom on 6/24/10

kaylaa

Re: Calling all my fellow bite turbo wearers....

#2 Post by kaylaa »

I got my turbos taken out at 4 months. I would hate to have mine in for 7! Hopefully you get them out soon :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jambo532

#3 Post by jambo532 »

bite turbos.. are those the blue things they put on your molars? If so... I still have mine a year in. My molars are no where close to touching.
www.allbraced.blogspot.com

Sandpiper

#4 Post by Sandpiper »

I'm 7 months in, and just had new bite turbos placed on my lower molars (to go with my new lower braces). I've had them on the top molars from the start. I'm not liking them one bit!!!
471 days in braces

[/url]

crazyasaboxoffrogs

#5 Post by crazyasaboxoffrogs »

My ortho said mine would be in for about 7 months, I'm pretty sick of them but at least I can chew now :) At the start I thought I would starve :(

drgnchsr36

#6 Post by drgnchsr36 »

I'm getting freaked out about all the stories and bite turbos.. I'm thinking I might push for the bite plate instead.

Not sure if I really like either option. :/

Marigold

#7 Post by Marigold »

Oh, thank you for this thread! I got mine on Jan. 19th and have to wear them for 8 weeks. They are on my upper molars. Don't know how some of you went longer than this. I hate them so much. I can't chew anything, not even pasta. While sleeping I'm grinding these things into my lower molars because I can't wear my bite splint anymore. The ortho assistant told me it would get better when my teeth come together. I don't understand this because they'll still be in the way of chewing regardless, right? Eating isn't enjoyable anymore. The next 5 weeks can't go by fast enough. If they tell me I have to wear them longer I think I'll cry.
Class II moderately deep overbite, mild crowding.
Braced on January 19, 2011. Debraced on December 16, 2013.
2 years, 11 months in braces.

thmmom

#8 Post by thmmom »

I'm glad to see that there are other bite turbo wearers out there! Mine are behind my front teeth. I thought when I first got them that I would only have them a couple of months - my ortho never really gave me a time frame. I guess it was my wishful thinking. They don't drive me as crazy now as they used to. I'm just ready to be done with them. I don't think I will notice my braces as much once the turbos come out. I think my molars are getting closer to touching, but that's probably wishful thinking too! :BigGrin:

LeSourireMetallique

#9 Post by LeSourireMetallique »

I had mine placed behind my two front teeth as well. I actually just got them off this morning (oh my gosh- it feels very weird now- my tongue isn't used to it), after a little over a year.

Of course now that they are off I have rubber bands, but hey, what can you do... :)

Bracedmom32

#10 Post by Bracedmom32 »

I also have bite turbos behind my two front teeth...I was originally told I would have them for 4-6 months but I've had them for 11 months now and my back molars aren't even close to touching...hopefully it won't be too much longer but who knows at this point :-)

braceface2b

#11 Post by braceface2b »

I have them on the backs of my front teeth. Maybe I'm just lucky, but they honestly don't bother me anymore, except when I sneeze. When I do, I'm always convinced I've knocked one off until I check.

thmmom

#12 Post by thmmom »

A little over 10 months in and I finally got my bite turbos out today! I was so excited when my Ortho said that things were looking good and they could come out. It wasn't much fun getting them out, but it feels great now.

Marigold

#13 Post by Marigold »

Yay, congrats! 10 months, ugh! I'm only 4 months in and my next appt is this Monday. I was hoping he'd remove them. My front teeth seem to be moving out nicely and I thought they would clear the bottom brackets now. Maybe I'm deluding myself. If I have to go another 6 months or so... Oh, I don't even want to think about it. :cry:

thmmom

#14 Post by thmmom »

Hopefully your teeth have moved enough. I think if your molars can come together in the back and your front teeth don't hit brackets, you will get them off. My biggest problem was when he would tell me to bite down, I could never figure how I should bite down. My bite has changed so much. Good luck!

Marigold

#15 Post by Marigold »

They're off! It was a close call. When I asked the assistant about it, she said he didn't have it written down and it might not happen today. When the ortho came over she told him I was hating my turbos. He teased me that I really loved them, then he went ahead and took them off! :-** I'm now in rectangular wires and elastic bands and in the most pain I've experienced so far. But I don't care because the turbos are gone! My bite is still off but he said it would come together in time. Pain or not, I am so happy to no longer be chewing on two pegs.