Drooling.....anybody??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jensceana73

Drooling.....anybody??

#1 Post by jensceana73 »

Ok, many things have come and gone since I got braces. And this, is the most recent....and, it is NOT very attractive.

I have started...to drool. Yes, there....I said it. I...am....a drooler. :cry:

More specifically, I have become a terrible night drooler. Which I never was before, but as of lately, my pillow....is soaking....fa-reek-in....wet. WHY? Why am I drooling? And...AND....I am noticing, that I drool...while I eat??!!!!! MY GOD....really??!!! What is going to be next?? Am I the only one? Am I the only flippin braced adult out there that has become a slippery, goopy, wet, moist, saliva dripping, sometimes food slippin outtta my moutha weirdo???? I mean, why is this starting now? 10 months. I've had these 10 months....and now...NOW the drooling starts. Attractive. Reeeeeeaaallllll attractive. Can't wait to see what's next.
Please...someone out there, please tell me.....I am not the only one who does this, and please tell me that this isn't going to last till month....36!!!!!!!!
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

Click Image to view my SAGA

Ionika

Re: Drooling.....anybody??

#2 Post by Ionika »

same here... drooling a lot more then normal... but it has started since being braced... as i suspect my lips dont close properly, as i developed a over bite in correction of my deep bite... i hope it goes away when they start to correct my overbite...

drrick

#3 Post by drrick »

Plus keep in mind anything that is placed in your mouth your body will think is food.
As such you will drool more initially but then it tends to reduce.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

luchababe

#4 Post by luchababe »

Yup, me too. When I sleep I can't keep my lips shut so I drool when I'm on my side. I also dribble when I eat if I'm bent over my plate and I open my mouth. Oh, and something else super attractive? I projectile drool. I'll open my mouth and a spray of saliva will shoot out, usually over the book I'm reading at lunch.

Theresa48

#5 Post by Theresa48 »

drooling is normal...I finally have stopped that....

sadpanda

#6 Post by sadpanda »

I drooled a lot at night before braces. Since I've been braced, though, it's gotten a lot better. I have no idea why that is, but I used to get drool all over my pillow and now it's pretty dry. :D

jensceana73

#7 Post by jensceana73 »

Projectile drool huh?!!!! :yikes: You've got me beat on that one. Hands down.

I think why it's starting now...is because I'm having a hard time closing my lips over my mouth. Anytime. Not just when I sleep, even when I eat..as of lately. I mean, I have to try really hard lately to keep my lips around my food, with out it being..."see food". Ya, I admit it...reaaaaalllll attractive. Outta make for a really romantic Valentine Day, as I'm drooling over my food (literally) instead of my husband. Of course if I lean over him...while eating, then I guess technically....I would be drooling over him. :wink:

As with all the other braces effects.....this too....will pass I'm sure. Right?
:shock:
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

Click Image to view my SAGA

jambo532

#8 Post by jambo532 »

OOOOh yeah I drool... it's pretty sexy I think haha. When I eat I'm like an excited dog... I feel like it's everywhere. Man, I am a disgusting human haha.
www.allbraced.blogspot.com