Makeup anyone?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ksqtbraces

Makeup anyone?

#1 Post by ksqtbraces »

So I have the clear/tooth colored brackets on top and I discovered this morning that lipstick may not be the best idea...I had a bunch of pink stuck in them.

Am I doomed for the next year? Or are they're any suggestions for lip colors that won't rub off on them! Thanks!

seriousthinker

Re: Makeup anyone?

#2 Post by seriousthinker »

I'm not a huge lipstick fan to begin with, usually a it of gloss when I'm going out with the girls but I haven't put any on at all since braces. Just lip balm because my lips get so dry and flaky. Yuck.

ST

Lanna

#3 Post by Lanna »

I also just use lipgloss or chapstick instead of lipstick. Since getting braces I have just stayed away from the lipstick. If you really love your lipstick, perhaps try a colorstay type so once it's on it won't smudge onto the teeth? I think Revlon ColorStay is a great one...hopefully I have the right brand, hehe, it's been a while!

thmmom

#4 Post by thmmom »

I wear lipstick, but no problems with it on my teeth or braces.
Ceramic braces top & bottom on 6/24/10

AnnR

#5 Post by AnnR »

I use lip gloss - bare minerals (come in all shades, just like lipstick) - also stops my lips drying out too much which then causes braces to rub as my mouth gets dry! :)

christa

#6 Post by christa »

I had the same problem. So my lipsticks & darker colored lip glosses are in my closet for now :( In the meantime I'm using up my clear and light pink lip glosses and of course chapstick.

ashesgap

#7 Post by ashesgap »

The Covergirl lipstain...can't remember what its called. It's like a felt pen. I use it, then put on my Blistex. Love it. They have a lot of shades too. Try it out.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Lynette

#8 Post by Lynette »

Before braces I was a fan of bright pink lipstick, but now I find it really emphasises my braces and like you said, gets stuck in them.

Now I am into light colored lipsticks at the moment. I'm especially loving MAC lipstick in Lovelorn. It's a nice light pink color.

After I apply lipstick I blot a bit of it off so I guess it's kind of just like a stain and not all gooey. That helps it not get in the braces.

23 year old female with ceramic braces.

http://www.projectbraceface.wordpress.com

sarahorsomeone

#9 Post by sarahorsomeone »

I never wear lipstick because I don't like the feeling of anything on my lips (I just end up licking it off accidentally :yuck:) so I don't know about it getting stuck on braces, but as "ashesgap" suggests, you can use a stain. A stain is near impossible to get to rub off on anything once it's dried.. it just sort of goes on your lips like ink and leaves the colour behind.

It's the only kind of lip-colour I feel happy with, braces or not!

ksqtbraces

#10 Post by ksqtbraces »

Good suggestions! I never thought of a lip stain before...but you see them all over the place now. I'll have to go pick one up!

Ellebraced

#11 Post by Ellebraced »

Good Question.

I could never really wear lipstick before because it would rub off on my upper teeth. I am looking forward to buying a new lipstick for my debrace day but for now might look into the lip stain idea too.

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

jambo532

#12 Post by jambo532 »

I love lipstick but it just doesn't look right on me with braces. It looks like I am a child playing dress up. It's all over the teeth and just not hot.
www.allbraced.blogspot.com

BraceFace2o1o

#13 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

I would recommend a lip stain too. I tried my first one a couple of months ago and really like how it doesn't end up on my teeth!

I have metal braces so lipstick on them wouldn't show as much as with ceramic braces, but I still hate it when lipstick gets on the actual teeth... someone always manages to say something like "ohhh what is that on your teeth?" erm lemme check, oh, lipstick! :roll: thanks for telling me, no seriously.
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

ksqtbraces

#14 Post by ksqtbraces »

okay, I tried a lip stain and it still DIDN't work! It looked good for the first few minutes..then I went back and checked in the mirror about 10 minda later and my cermics had a nice pink hue to them...lip stain FAIL

I guess I'm banished to the world of clear lip gloss for a while :(

sarahorsomeone

#15 Post by sarahorsomeone »

Did you blot it off? I leave it for a minute or two.. then blot off any liquid with tissue. :?