Anyone got braces with short tooth roots?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Loztredders

Anyone got braces with short tooth roots?

#1 Post by Loztredders »

So my ortho has had to refer me to the hospital orthodontic deprartment as my two front teeth have short roots on them :-(
anyone else have short roots on their teeth, and were u still able to get braces??
Im so gutted. Was hoping to get them on in Jan but now Its gonna be months away :-( if I can even get them at all.

drrick

Re: Anyone got braces with short tooth roots?

#2 Post by drrick »

If you do a search I wrote a lengthy post about root resorption a while back. You may find some helpful info there.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

Loztredders

#3 Post by Loztredders »

Found and read the post, thanks.
So it seems I should be able to get braces still as long as I accept that the roots will shorten more and possibly not have a very positive longterm prognosis?
I'm wondering if just getting porcelain crowns/ veneers would be a better option than risking losing my two very front teeth? though I understand that quite a lot of healthy tooth would need to be grinded before hand to acheive a natural look. The thought of losing such prominent teeth at 22 is terrifying, I have to admit!!

drrick

#4 Post by drrick »

It really depends on how short the roots are.

You would be amazed at how long teeth with even short roots can last.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

Loztredders

#5 Post by Loztredders »

Yea I was thinking that they could still last a while, as I know someone in his 60's who's front teeth are still baby teeth as he had no permanent teeth below them.
Guess I shall just have to wait and see what happens at my hospital appointment then and see how short they really are. Thanks for your answers.

BrandiR

#6 Post by BrandiR »

Hi I was wondering if you ever went ahead and got braces?!