Merry Ouchmas!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

N'awlinsRach

Merry Ouchmas!

#1 Post by N'awlinsRach »

Friday I was put in class 2 triangle elastics (Japan). Holy ouch! Not even the first few days after getting the braces on hurt as much as this stupid rubber band does. It's hooked on the bottom molar hook, doubled around the top canine and then hooked on the bottom canine and premolar. I can't open my mouth! Hubbs told me Christmas came early for him this year :-*

MES1279

Re: Merry Ouchmas!

#2 Post by MES1279 »

that does sound painful. I got a square wire put in yesterday on my top arch, and jiminy christmas are my teeth sore. Hoping the pain is less by Saturday for a family christmas party!

I hope your mouth feels better soon.

tripleh3lix

#3 Post by tripleh3lix »

[quote="MES1279"]that does sound painful. I got a square wire put in yesterday on my top arch, and jiminy christmas are my teeth sore. Hoping the pain is less by Saturday for a family christmas party!

I hope your mouth feels better soon.[/quote]

Something i'm worried about as well during holidays and major appointments like these.. i really hope i get all this stuff before holidays and my birthday =(

iamsofreakinbored

#4 Post by iamsofreakinbored »

Ouchmas to me too. :(
I got my braces last Saturday. So that makes today three days or four days since I got braces. They still hurt.

One band or whatever you call it fell out, the last one on the left upper side. So my dentist had to put that back.
But apparently that tooth was too short so she had to put a molar band instead. Today she put in the molar band only on that tooth and she had to like remove all the color thingies and remove the wire. And she had to redo the wiring thing on the upper side so it hurts again. My teeth never got the chance to settle. -sigh-

Merry ouchmas to us! :) HAHA.
I hope I can eat at least pasta at the Christmas party. :D

Kittykins

#5 Post by Kittykins »

Just had first adjustment earlier today. Not looking forward to tomorrow when it's starting to kick in, let alone Christmas :( Back to cutting up everything into tiny pieces again and swallowing whole me thinks :L

11/11/10 - Got Braces (Top and Bottom) - Green Ligs
21/12/10 - First Adjustment - Bright Pink Ligs
01/02/11 - Second Adjustment - New Wire - Bright Blue Ligs
15/03/11 - Got Elastics 6.4mm to twist twice on both sides
10/05/11 - Got Power Chains and elastics both sides
21/06/11 - Power Chains on bottom, elastics on right hand side