Any1 had a bit of root left in after extractions???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lu lu

Any1 had a bit of root left in after extractions???

#1 Post by lu lu »

I had my last lot of extractions today & 1 of my teeth broke & there's a bit of root left inside my gum that he can't get out.

His taken a photo & is going to send it to my ortho to see if it's going to get in the way or if it can be left in there. If it needs to come out then I'm going to have to have my gum cut open to get it out.

I didn't think they could leave any of the root in????????

I asked the question & he said anything under 3mm is fine to leave in.

I'm so worried ....... What if its left in & later on when my teeth are beautifully straight it causes problems & needs to come out. Means I'll have to loose another healthy tooth just to get to it & I can't afford to loose anymore teeth. Plus it means I'll have spent all this money for nothing.

Has this happened to anyone else & if so did they leave the bit of root in?

Any problems occur?

HELP PLEASE SO WORRIED!!!!!
For my Braces Story - with photos click here
Wearing Lower Ceramic Brace / Upper Lingual Brace (Incognito) / Sentence 18 - 24 months

equaeternal

Re: Any1 had a bit of root left in after extractions???

#2 Post by equaeternal »

I had my root break during an extraction also. My dentist took it out but it wasn’t a little bit left it was a big part of the root left maybe yours is so small it doesn’t matter.