photos taken in braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fleur26

photos taken in braces

#1 Post by fleur26 »

hi all.

just wanted everyones opinion here!
i recently had a big night out with friends because it was my b/day, had a great time and with any good occasion lots of photos taken etc. the only thing i found hard was how to smile. i didnt want to do a cheesy grin with my braces because i felt self consious so i kept my mouth shut and smiled as best i could. some of the photos you cant tell at all the braces are there but in a couple my lips look really big. :-/ so im just wondering what you guys all do in photo situations?
THANKS!

poppy123

Re: photos taken in braces

#2 Post by poppy123 »

i totally understand what you mean. i was on a night out and was drunk and did big cheesy smiles on all the pics (ive always smiled big, even when my teeth were crooked). Anyway some of the pics look ok, but some close up ones look horrid, i look like ive got huge big teeth coz of the brace /(its a ceramic one)..a bit cringy but nevermind. cant wait until its off and i can look at pics and love what i see. i cant smile with my mouth closed with my brace on, i can just about close my lips!!

hypocrite opportunist

#3 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

I just try and avoid any close-ups and I usually don't do a huge smile- open mouth but not too large. I can't smile close-mouthed b/c I look weird. I also have found that using the flash can help disguise the braces if you are not right up in front of the camera.
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]

BaliGirl

#4 Post by BaliGirl »

I just smile normally. I can't hide that I have braces and don't even want to try - I can't even imagine the lopsided funny grimacing smiles that might come out if I did. :tingrin:

RedDress

#5 Post by RedDress »

I smile with braces all the time - for camera and just for fun ))).
I think my teeth look cute. and besides - those pictures are for memories and everyone knows you have braces, so what are you hinding and who from? after a while you will look at those pictures with nostaligia.

Want2smile

#6 Post by Want2smile »

I was helping a friend do the photos at a charity ball last weekend where the English actor James Sutton was there. I had my photo taken with him which I was soooo chuffed about but then when I saw the photo on the computer screen I was so embarrassed and it put me in a mood for a good few days! I can't smile with my mouth closed either, I just look grumpy lol. I'm having to make the effort not to try and hide them and be more confident as I think others will notice them even more if I do that. If I'm not bothered then they won't be either.

But anyway, back to the subject! Yeah it was hard at first seeing pics of me in braces but I'm ok with it now. This is me for the next couple of years so I'm just going to try and embrace it :HugeGrin:

14mm overjet :shock:
Ceramic braces at 25
Estimated treatment time 2 years :cry:

smilelikeyoumeanit

#7 Post by smilelikeyoumeanit »

I say smile away! Life's too short. You are probably the only one, when looking at the picture, that is focusing on your teeth. Everyone else is just looking at a happy moment with friends.

TumbleDryLow

#8 Post by TumbleDryLow »

I smiled anyway even though I knew the braces were going to show. When your braces are off, you will want the time you were in braces documented. I know you don't think that now...but trust me.

tsmurfenator

#9 Post by tsmurfenator »

Smile big, and use your favorite Photo-editing software to add in a "twinkling star" to accentuate how shiny the iron is.
34 y/o guy with full metal brackets and molar bands since 12/16/2009.
1st Adjustment + secondary molar bands 1/23/2010.
2nd Adjustment 3/27/2010.
3rd Adjustment 5/1/2010.
4th Adjustment 6/11/2010.
5th Adjustment 9/29/2010.
6th Adjustment 2/8/2011.