GOT A DEBANDING DATE!!!! :-)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newsboysgrl777

GOT A DEBANDING DATE!!!! :-)

#1 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

Awww...shucks! I had a whole long post and it deleted on me. :'( BUMMER!!

ANYWAY...I know i haven't posted here in AGES, but life has a funny way of getting carried away with itself. LOL. But, I had to come by and let you all know....I FINALLY GOT A DATE FOR WHEN THESE THINGS ARE COMING OFF!!! YAAAY!!! I went into my last appt. and she told me she was going to deband me soon! I was really happy to hear that, but figured it'd be Feb. or March. So when she said "we'll try to get them off before the holidays" I was SHOCKED!!! I said "WOW! I don't mind waiting 'til the new year if you can't fit me in." So...she went to make my appointments for me and when I got to the front desk, they gave me my appointments -- Dec. 14 I'll be having a mold taken for my upper retainer (she's going to do a bonded retainer on bottom) and Jan 8 is when they ALL come off*!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!! I can't believe it's FINALLY happening!!! I can't remember a time when I DIDN'T have these things on!!! So...to everyone, hang in there! There IS an end to the tunnel!! (I've had these for 2 years and 4 months now. By the time they come off, it'll almost be 2.5 years...which is within her estimate when I first startd (24-30 mos).

I promise to come back and post photos when they're finally off.

*She's trying to close some spaces on the bottom, which is probably also why she pushed out my debanding a little bit. She can make sure things are progressing between now and 12/14...and then more action between 12/14 and 1/8.

hal2me

Re: GOT A DEBANDING DATE!!!! :-)

#2 Post by hal2me »

Congratulations! The time is going to fly by very fast for you. Please post some pictures when you are finished!

TWild

#3 Post by TWild »

Congrats :) I'm probably looking at 2.5 years myself. My gaps are finally closing on the top and after that it shouldn't be long.
Braced 10-06-2008
De-Braced 11-21-2011 Woohoo!

Lynette

#4 Post by Lynette »

Congrats! How exciting for you. Can't wait to see pics :)

23 year old female with ceramic braces.

http://www.projectbraceface.wordpress.com