Final 3 months! Retraction?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gracey82

Final 3 months! Retraction?

#1 Post by gracey82 »

hi eeryone,

So finally I'm in my last 3 months! Just had my adjustment and orthodontic told me this is the final polishing. Had final IPR, power chain and box elastic all in.

Just wondering what should I expect for mylast 3 months? Does the pwer chain already address the retraction of the teeth or how is retraction done?

VA5

#2 Post by VA5 »

Hi Gracey,
I'm not sure your question.. but are you asking how your teeth are retracted?? Well with the powerchains in, the thinking is that your back teeth has more anchorage and will help bring the front teeth back.

How is it looking now? I'm hoping to see an updated picture! Do you think you can post one?

gracey82

#3 Post by gracey82 »

Yes, how is the retraction done. As my orthon told me last adjustment is my final polishing and IPR, so i have powerchain and box configuration to close the gap and better adherence between my upper and lower teeth on the side.

Just wondeinrg what to expect for my final 3 months? Some elastic to retract the front?

Here's my latest pic. Stop taking for a while as i didnt felt there is any changes till i took the pic today!

gracey82

#4 Post by gracey82 »

VA5

#5 Post by VA5 »

Do you still have spaces from the ipr? I'm sure the powerchains you've got will take care of any more spaces and pull the teeth back too.

By the way your teeth are coming along very nicely! I can definitely see the difference in your front teeth, they are much more upright looking now than before.

I don't know if I ever asked you, do you have before braces profile pictures?

Lynette

#6 Post by Lynette »

Your teeth look so good!!! :)

23 year old female with ceramic braces.

http://www.projectbraceface.wordpress.com