Why doesn't it hurt?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MisAligned

Why doesn't it hurt?

#1 Post by MisAligned »

I had my first adjustment this morning...

To speed things along, the orthodontist put a much thicker archwire in my upper arch. Both he and the technician acted like I was going to be in a world of hurt today because of this. Well, it is 8 hours later and I don't feel a bit different.

Has anyone else felt no change after being told to expect the worst? Maybe I haven't given things enough time?

It's not that I want to be in pain, I just want to see things move (I have an ugly gap where my right biscuspid was removed to correct my midline). :?

Snowglobe32

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

It might take a day or two for the pain to kick in.

After my first adjustment, nothing hurt at all. Then with my second, the pain started.

haywire

#3 Post by haywire »

i never had pain fom braces, and they worked quite well
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

evilnel

#4 Post by evilnel »

Sometimes the ache doesn't start right away. Usually with my earlier adjustments, it took a couple days for it to start hurting. Now it hurts a bit sooner after the adjustment, but for less time.

Justiz

#5 Post by Justiz »

I just had an adjustment today and they gave me thicker rubber bands that they said would be super painful and I have yet to feel anything. It happens every once in a while that way for me and then strangely a few days later the pain's so bad my head hurts. The body is amazing in how it works!

De-Brace Day: May 31, 2011 :) WOO HOO!!!
Essix retainer; Bonded Retainer on 2 Front Teeth
Braces- upper- October 1, 2009; lower- December 1, 2009
18 months to the day!

Theresa48

#6 Post by Theresa48 »

I have never had any pain. Every now and then I will have temperature sensitivity, but that seems to come and go. Today I had my first cleaning since braces on, and I have some discomfort from taking arch wire off, getting cleaned, putting arch wire back on...ugh! Lots of tugging on my teeth for a day, but it was only when they were being touched, nothing lasting.

I have had moments a month or so after an adjustment when all of a sudden there are achy spots, but nothing horrible. Your , our, teeth are always moving,so ya never know!