UNLEVEL bottom arch

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

believer1964

UNLEVEL bottom arch

#1 Post by believer1964 »

Hello brace friends.

My bottom arch is unlevel per the orthodontists. You can see the wire ever so slightly going slanted from one end of bottom tooth to the other end. (front 5 bottom teeth) . One side of the arch looks nice and rounded but the other side looks not as nice. btwn 2 teeth he replaced a wire with a flat looking metal with forks on the end. (>-----< ) is what it looks like.

What causes unlevel arches? How do they get fixed?

I may post some pictures of my lower arch. Seems like the teeth on the bottom seem to be moving slowly, but I know it takes time.

I will post some pictures of my bottom arch. Since I am in braces for 3 months and used to them, not as excited as I used to be, LOL. Time is really moving along now.

Snowglobe32

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

My bottom right side has been slightly slanted down for some time now. I would say I noticed this happening about 2 or 3 months ago. The elastics have made it worse. I go in tomorrow so I am definitely going to ask what the heck is going on.

I am almost 14 months in and it is very discouraging.

believer1964

Mine was like that from the beginning.

#3 Post by believer1964 »

must take awhile to fix as been like that for 3 months.

Flaka

#4 Post by Flaka »

My teeth have been slanted since month 3 and I am now on month 31 and they are still slanted. I think it was due to elastics. They were so bad by month 12 or so but it is now a bit better. Ortho says is due to my crossbite that is a "work in progress" very slow in my case. Honestly, I just gave up and I am now convinced it will be another year in braces for me :(

Hope you guys get it sort it out soon. I am sure that with elastics and some torque, this could be fixed later on in the treatment but always ask your ortho.

VA5

#5 Post by VA5 »

I have a similar issue in that my teeth are just not level, period. And, my tops are slanted a bit.. your ortho will have to find out what is causing the slant. It could be a slanted jaw, or it could be just your teeth. In either case, he can fix it but the solution will be different. They can use elastics for example.

My tops are slanted however it's my teeth and I think bracket positioning could have helped but my ortho didn't notice until a long time into my braces (I'm almost 23 months). So, my ortho is going to wait until near the end (hopefully within the next few months) to fix that.

As for my bottoms, my ortho is waiting for the thick wire to level them. I do see progress from a few months ago, but I have to tell you, you're in the beginning stages of your orthodontic treatment so you could have a LONG time before you see complete resolution of this kind of issue. I don't think I'm goign to see my bottoms completely level until the very end.

believer1964

My teeth are not slanted

#6 Post by believer1964 »

Just looks like one side is sitting "lower" than the other side.

VA5

#7 Post by VA5 »

At the gum level? It could be a canted jaw, or it could just be the teeth.

believer1964

im not real sure .

#8 Post by believer1964 »

when i get some time will post pictures of bottom beth.

UGHBRACES

#9 Post by UGHBRACES »

You are only 3 months in. Leveling is part of treatment, give it time.

Snowglobe32

#10 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I am in month 14, went to the ortho yesterday, showed him my messed up bottom right arch, he said this is "normal" and it will be fixed.

So, don't fret my friends, we should all be (close to perfect) by the end of treatment!

VA5

#11 Post by VA5 »

Yeah, it's definitely a process and I'm only months away from the end and I have leveling issues, so don't fret. It'll all come together in the end. As long as your ortho knows about these issues and is has it in their plans to fix it, then it'll be addressed eventually.