Took my braces off in record time!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

VA5

#16 Post by VA5 »

What kind of braces system did you use? Is it the damon or another "faster" system?

revontuli

#17 Post by revontuli »

Beautiful! Did you have any extractions? That's amazing progress -- congratulations!

JHova

#18 Post by JHova »

VA5 wrote:What kind of braces system did you use? Is it the damon or another "faster" system?
to be honest, i've got no idea. My orthodontist just gave me options of metal or ceramic.

I had my wisdoms pulled and about 4 incisors on the first day.

JHova

#19 Post by JHova »

thanks for all the positive comments. i appreciate it.

yoginbraces

#20 Post by yoginbraces »

Your teeth are stunning, just beautiful!! Did you have them professionally whitened? If so what brand/process did you use? Thanks and congrats on a wonderful smile.

JHova

#21 Post by JHova »

yoginbraces wrote:Your teeth are stunning, just beautiful!! Did you have them professionally whitened? If so what brand/process did you use? Thanks and congrats on a wonderful smile.
i used Rembrandt's 2 hour whitening kit. It didnt do the best job, but it was decent for the price i paid for it (costs around $20). I might skip professionally whitening my teeth until later down the line.

JHova

Re: Took my braces off in record time!

#22 Post by JHova »

If I thought braces were bad... retainers are on a whole nother level. I currently have the clear retainers, but does anyone recommend getting the one with the wire across?

One advantage is that no one sees me wearing them. But i always have people asking me why Im not eating, then I gotta tell them Im wearing retainers, and they go "what?".

alimommy1

#23 Post by alimommy1 »

LOL! I like regular retainers as opposed to the clear ones, but it's a bit of a hassle either way, you have to take those out too. If you wanted to, I'm sure you could ask your ortho to make you another set - but they might make you pay extra for them. BTW your teeth look great! Did the rembrandt whitening work well enough for you?

JHova

#24 Post by JHova »

alimommy1 wrote:LOL! I like regular retainers as opposed to the clear ones, but it's a bit of a hassle either way, you have to take those out too. If you wanted to, I'm sure you could ask your ortho to make you another set - but they might make you pay extra for them. BTW your teeth look great! Did the rembrandt whitening work well enough for you?
Thanks!

The rembrandt whitening didn't work too well. I also tried professionally whitening them at my dental office. They gave me custom trays and whitening gel to take home and use. That made my teeth a shade whiter but it wasn't that big of a difference. Maybe my teeth can't be paper white? I was kind of dissapointed.