Flared Front Teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

38Illinois

Flared Front Teeth

#1 Post by 38Illinois »

Been in braces for about 10 weeks and my top arch looks straighter, but my front teeth appeared flared? Anyone else experience this? How is it addressed? I am seeing the ortho next week. Thanks.
Braces on July 31, 2010
Braces off November 1, 2011

LC'sTeefs

#2 Post by LC'sTeefs »

Mine flaired out like that too several months ago. I got a power chain on the whole top arch to bring it back in....FUN! Don't let any iced liquids get on those new elastics if you DO end up getting them! It tightens them up in an instant, and causes the worst pain I have ever felt!!

catgyrl

#3 Post by catgyrl »

LC'sTeefs wrote:Mine flaired out like that too several months ago. I got a power chain on the whole top arch to bring it back in....FUN! Don't let any iced liquids get on those new elastics if you DO end up getting them! It tightens them up in an instant, and causes the worst pain I have ever felt!!
What timing! I sure wish I'd seen this after I woke up this morning. I tried to drink some ice water, and immediately regretted it when I felt my canine with the purple chain just tighten up in excruciating pain! I said a couple of bad words, then grabbed a straw and tried to drink that way. It helped a little, but I had to take lots of small sips on the other side of my mouth.

WOW - most pain I've experienced since starting with braces!

-Cathy

Star

#4 Post by Star »

I have the same flaring going on right now. Still no clue how my ortho is going to go about fixing it. HE just took another set or molds yesterday and is gonna study my 1st set and the 2nd to see what course he wants to take next so we shall see. He's suppose to call me once he has had a chance to study both of them.

haywire

#5 Post by haywire »

my upper teeth are flared too, but from what i unterstood they are suppose to be flared :roll:
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

msbee

#6 Post by msbee »

Hey I just posted a topic on this too!

http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... 733#354733
class2 wrote some really insightful stuff, please have a read and comment on your experience as well!

I'm 5 months along, and I find that both my uppers and lowers are too flared, and based on what my ortho said to me, it sounds as if this is what she planned coz she said she doesn't want my upper lip to flatten...
My teeth were sentenced on 7th May 2010 to be imprisoned for 2 years.
What they did behind bars: My braces story
Finishing wire on since 4th October
Debraced June 2011!!