Just realised how bad my teeth are!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Loztredders

Just realised how bad my teeth are!!!

#1 Post by Loztredders »

So I've made the decision to get braced no matter how scared I am about it, but I just thought I'd take some pics as some 'before' photos so I can look back on them when im all done, however, I have to admit that I had to delete them immediatly as I just could not bare too look at them!!
I need realised, from side angles especially, just how awful my teeth are!!! It's actually made me feel quite queesy! :shock: Lol.
Now brace day just can't come quick enough, because at least then I'll know I'm sorting out my nasty nashers!! :?
And also how bad my left molars do not match up, at all!! I think partly due to a missing adult premolar, so still a baby tooth in there. Eek, these choppers look like they're gonna need some serious sorting out!!

BraceFace2o1o

#2 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Aww :( you shouldn't be so hard on yourself! At least this is something you know you can change and sort out.

You'll be fine, soon you will be in braces and on your way to having straight teeth! We both have that to look forward to :D :thumbsup:. Like I keep telling myself, better late than never :)

But I totally understand where you are coming from. I have some crooked lowers (my canine is twisted, my right premolars are tipping in towards my tongue), but my upper front teeth are what bother me most.

If I look at my upper front teeth straight on in the mirror I can't notice the crookedness that much. But when I took photos of my uppers from an angle below them and also from the side I was quite shocked at how they looked, I just had it in my head they didn't look THAT bad. After seeing the photos I was ashamed of how they looked and realised that's how other people see them :(. I am like that with photos of myself too :lol:. I think I look 'fairly ok', then when I see the picture I am like, wow, do I really look like that!? haha.

My upper left front tooth is pointing out diagonally because of my lateral incisor, my upper front teeth are also slanted to the left so my midline looks like a diagonal line instead of a vertical one, but I honestly don't notice any of this in the mirror, only when I look at pictures. It might be because when I look in the mirror, what I see is flipped round where as in a picture that is what everyone else sees too when they look at me.

Oh and the only reason I uploaded photos of my teeth on here is because I know that one day they wont be like that anymore. Prior to that I wouldn't have even DREAMED of showing the internet my crooked teeth :oops: :shock:

Good luck!
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

Loztredders

#3 Post by Loztredders »

I have been following your story with interest actually as I feel like we will be embarking on the braces journey at around the same time so it'll be nice to have someone to relate to at the different stages of treatment.
Seriously, my teeth are far worse than yours though, but like you said, I'm not feeling to bad about it as I know I'm now heading towards straight teethdom, albeit very slowly at the moment, as this waiting for my consult seems to be dragging as I'm so excited/nervous!!
Have you decided on your orthodontist now?

BraceFace2o1o

#4 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Loztredders wrote:I have been following your story with interest actually as I feel like we will be embarking on the braces journey at around the same time so it'll be nice to have someone to relate to at the different stages of treatment.
Seriously, my teeth are far worse than yours though, but like you said, I'm not feeling to bad about it as I know I'm now heading towards straight teethdom, albeit very slowly at the moment, as this waiting for my consult seems to be dragging as I'm so excited/nervous!!
Have you decided on your orthodontist now?
Yes! we seem to be in the same stages and I like the thought that we are both at the same stage and will have someone to relate to.

I'm very judgemental of myself though, always have been... so I think I am the type of person who if even had just one tooth crooked I'd hate on myself.

Well I am pretty keen to go ahead with Ortho number 2. I just read your reply to the thread about paying for consults and it sounds as if ours go through a similar process. I've already had one part of the consult, the 2nd part is in just under 2 weeks to discuss a little more and for me to ask more questions. If I am happy then I will go ahead, although I think the Ortho will most likely be booking right in to mid November for next appointments, so more waiting for me.

I remember when I booked my consultation with ortho 2, it was a wait of over 5 weeks and it felt like ages. I was excited and keen for it too arrive but as it got quite close I started getting nervous.

I'm even starting to consider putting the fitting of the braces off until January, just to get christmas out of the way. I love me some chewy beef at christmas! :lol:

When is your consultation?

psych braces

#5 Post by psych braces »

Lotztredder and Crystal, this string was fun to read. It is so real and expresses my thoughts exactly (my teeth suck and I've come to terms with it and am doing something about it...can't wait until its done)

Loztredders

#6 Post by Loztredders »

I'm so so happy I found this site, so many like minded people who hate their teeth but are sorting them out. I honestly think that without this site I would never have had the courage to even book a consult
my appointment is 10th November, so five weeks today. And im debating wether to wait until after Xmas to be braced as I just love piggin out on xmas choccies etc and I know that I'm hardly going to want to eat anything naughty when I'm braces, since I'm paying all this money to have my teeth fixed, I'd hate to have then fall out when my braces are finally removed. Then again, part of me just wants to get them on as soon as poss, so I'll see what I Want to do after my consult.

Emmauk

#7 Post by Emmauk »

I feel the same, i took pictures and posted them up and then thought OMG i cant believe how bad they are, thank goodness im getting them sorted. Heres a link to my nasty gnashers!

http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... t=pictures

lu lu

#8 Post by lu lu »

Loztredders I know exactly how you feel.

I'm still waiting for my braces to be fitted but I too decided to take some before snap shots last night & OH MY GOODNESS!!
I knew my teeth were bad especially my lower teeth & I have a chip on my front top 1 (getting it sorted once my teeth are beautiful) but nothing could prepare me for what I saw last night YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!

I've never taken a photo of my teeth b4 & wished I had sooner because I might have seen to them far sooner & not left it so late. I'm too scared to post what I saw on here :cry:

I can't wait much longer - just get them braces on me NOW please!!!

poppy123

#9 Post by poppy123 »

Oooooo nooooo dont wait til after christmas...get them on! :) You'll still be able to much your xmas dinner. Just make sure your adjustment isnt too close to xmas day. Ive started taking pics now (6 wks in) and im kicking myself for not taking any 'before' pics becasue the change is really amazing. Im going to find a good teethy pic of myself and zoom in on my teeth and use that as my before one but i wish id done proper ones

lu lu

#10 Post by lu lu »

poppy123 wrote:Ive started taking pics now (6 wks in) and im kicking myself for not taking any 'before' pics becasue the change is really amazing
seriously have you noticed changes in 6 weeks?

That's amazing. I hope I notice changes that soon. That really is a short space of time. I'm going to take pics every month or so I think & compare it to my b4 pics.

How long was your treatment estimate? Have you got to have any extractions or anything?

x

BraceFace2o1o

#11 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

The reason I am considering waiting until January is because alot of the foods I eat over christmas are quite hard/chewy and I wouldn't want to risk breaking my brackets off, I'm sure the Ortho wouldn't be happy about me doing that. Also over that sort of time of the year they aren't going to be in the office if I need to get one put back on!

Like you, I am going to see how I feel after my 2nd part of the consult. Either way, I wont probably be able to get them fitted until mid/late November.

sammywantstraightteeth

#12 Post by sammywantstraightteeth »

When I showed my family my invisalign clinchek video they were all 'wow, I never knew your teeth were so bad!' (thanks, I said, charming).

They were right though. From a natural angle when talking and smiling etc, my teeth look alright. In the harsh light of a computer simulation, orif I open wide and look down on my lower arch - they are awful. Hardly any of them are in the right place.

Treatment started: 13th July 2010.
http://sammiesbraces.livejournal.com
http://pics.livejournal.com/sammiesbraces
Expected finish: 14th June 2011.
Upper Trays: 21
Lower Trays: 24

Loztredders

#13 Post by Loztredders »

That's another thing that makes me nervous.
Knowing that I'm going to have to see my teeth in all their un-glory at my second part of my consult when she explains to me what can be done. I'm dreading it!!
Well that and I'm scared the price is going to be more than I can afford. I've worked out that the total maximum I could afford ( and even then it's gonna be a struggle) is £4000, anything more than that and I'm doomed!! :shock:

Loztredders

#14 Post by Loztredders »

And yea, I have similar reasons for thinking of waiting until January to start for the hard Xmas chewy caramels etc but also as it'll give me a chance to save up an extra £500 to pay off the costs before I even start treatment, so I have less to pay over the year.

Loztredders

#15 Post by Loztredders »

And yea, I have similar reasons for thinking of waiting until January to start for the hard Xmas chewy caramels etc but also as it'll give me a chance to save up an extra £500 to pay off the costs before I even start treatment, so I have less to pay over the year.