Adjusting to teeth moving closer

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blackapple

Adjusting to teeth moving closer

#1 Post by blackapple »

For the past two weeks I have had the constant feeling of something feeling stuck between my two front teeth. However there is never anything stuck there after flossing and brushing etc on a religious basis. These two teeth previously had a gap separating them and that gap has been steadily closing so those two teeth are closer together than they ever were before. Maybe I am just not used to this new sensation but it's driving me crazy. Anyone else experience this?

VA5

Re: Adjusting to teeth moving closer

#2 Post by VA5 »

blackapple wrote:For the past two weeks I have had the constant feeling of something feeling stuck between my two front teeth. However there is never anything stuck there after flossing and brushing etc on a religious basis. These two teeth previously had a gap separating them and that gap has been steadily closing so those two teeth are closer together than they ever were before. Maybe I am just not used to this new sensation but it's driving me crazy. Anyone else experience this?
No, I've never experienced this, sorry to be no help.

jackjack

#3 Post by jackjack »

Do you have powerchains on? The pressure should subside eventually...

blackapple

#4 Post by blackapple »

Yes those teeth are part of a powerchain.

Neptune

#5 Post by Neptune »

Hi blackapple. That sensation you're feeling is the pressure of your two front teeth that are now touching each other. As someone who also used to have a gap, it was REALLY WEIRD to suddenly not be able to force a large volume of air through the space between my teeth. It's something you'll get used to in time. :)
08 Apr 2008 - Front teeth braced.
30 Aug 2010 - New bracket brand placed on upper four incisors.

Initial Ortho Sentence: 18-20 months.

blackapple

#6 Post by blackapple »

Neptune wrote:Hi blackapple. That sensation you're feeling is the pressure of your two front teeth that are now touching each other. As someone who also used to have a gap, it was REALLY WEIRD to suddenly not be able to force a large volume of air through the space between my teeth. It's something you'll get used to in time. :)
Thank you so much. I was starting to think I was loco with something really being in between my teeth and not being to access it to get it out. Strange how it happened all of a sudden. Know I know how it feels because the lower spacing is so much worse so I will anticipate that happening all over again. Those teeth are also kinda pinching my gum on the lingual side as well which I am sure may be contributing to that feeling as well. Crazy how much your mouth and teeth get used to something and then things start changing and it throws you off. Was used to sticking my tongue in there a little bit as a habitual thing and now I can't do that anymore.