Today was my consult

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NervousNewbie

#16 Post by NervousNewbie »

All of you are SO helpful... I am definitely going to come back here the night before brace day and re-read everything to make sure I am fully prepared! I sing to the radio anyhow so that will be easy, haha! If anyone has anymore suggestions/pointers/words of encouragement, keep 'em coming! I'm very grateful for all of the information I have received so far!

Braced September 23, 2010
Debraced February 20, 2014
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 months
Actual Treatment Time: 41 months

My Journey

browneyedgrl

#17 Post by browneyedgrl »

Great Avatar!!!
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

NervousNewbie

#18 Post by NervousNewbie »

Haha thanks... it describes me... I'm a bit manic/panicky/OCD... so, yeah. :lol:

Braced September 23, 2010
Debraced February 20, 2014
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 months
Actual Treatment Time: 41 months

My Journey

hazel

#19 Post by hazel »

Hi NervousNewbie! You might be lucky.....I didn't feel any pain at all with the spacers - just felt abit uncomfortable when the ortho was putting them in and when he was removing them, and couldn't chew on them but can't say I felt any real pain. I don't think I had a bad breath when the ortho was removing the spacers, but I was eating sugar free mints before I went in. It was a bit painful when he was putting the bands around my molars, but again I didn't need any painkillers afterwards! I went to work a couple of hours later. What I felt was a very dry mouth and I was drinking all the time! I only used wax once during the second day. So don't worry yourself too much .... it isn't necessarily a painful experience! :D