Do braces make your face less attractive

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wearetheborg

#16 Post by wearetheborg »

TumbleDryLow wrote: And I just have to say: wearetheborg....I get you!!! (Resistance is futile.)

Who'd have thought that out of the 7 women who would get it in the entire world, one would hang out at metalmouth :D

TumbleDryLow

#17 Post by TumbleDryLow »

VA5 wrote: Did you know it was going to take that long when you got them in?
I was told 24-30 months. The pessimist in me figured they'd never be off by 24 months and that I'd be lucky to get them off at 30. 33 months is right about what I was expecting.

itsabouttime22

#18 Post by itsabouttime22 »

I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones whose face changed! To answer your question, as I've said in other posts I have a very tiny mouth. My main issue is that the braces on the bottom make my lip stick out and the skin right under my lower lip looks swollen. Some people can pull off the Angelina Jolie lips but I am not one of them-lol! I also still have a hard time getting my lips over both the tops and bottoms when I talk, thought this just took some getting used to but it's not happening.

But even though I don't like how my face has changed, I'm hopeful that it will go away once the braces are off.

llehsal

#19 Post by llehsal »

My face have changed and at first I thought I looked ugly. I was in tears many days, but what I realized is that I just needed to get accustomed to my new face. I do look different, but not in a bad way.

Shelby's Braces Story - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=35311