How late in your treatm. you got your second Xray and pics?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

felicia

How late in your treatm. you got your second Xray and pics?

#1 Post by felicia »

I am 11 months into my treatm., and at my last appt. my ortho told me to come back in 2 weeks for a new set of Xrays and pics. He said that he needs to compare them with my initial ones.
Any of you experienced anything like that? If yes, how soon or how late in your treatment?
He told me not to wear my elastics anymore, an he makes small bends in the archwire...I am getting excited thinking that I might be only a few months away from the finish.

VA5

Re: How late in your treatm. you got your second Xray and pi

#2 Post by VA5 »

felicia wrote:I am 11 months into my treatm., and at my last appt. my ortho told me to come back in 2 weeks for a new set of Xrays and pics. He said that he needs to compare them with my initial ones.
Any of you experienced anything like that? If yes, how soon or how late in your treatment?
He told me not to wear my elastics anymore, an he makes small bends in the archwire...I am getting excited thinking that I might be only a few months away from the finish.
I don't think you get them during your treatment, normally.. but I had to get them for something else.

Do you mind my asking what the small bends in the wire are for?

UGHBRACES

#3 Post by UGHBRACES »

I had x-rays 10 months or so in.
I am at 21 months now and still a few months to go for sure.
I don't know why he did the x-rays, never asked. I only guess it was just to get a more informed looked at my progression to see if any changes to the plan need to be made.

And I had bends in my wire for leveling.

Donna

#4 Post by Donna »

I am 12 months into braces, and I had x-rays done at a few weeks ago because my ortho wanted to see if my roots were parallel. I am almost done treatment (my original estimate was 12-18 months).

yj207

#5 Post by yj207 »

I think around 10 months into my treatment I got the xray done. They told me they do it to check the roots to make sure it wasn't touching. They had to readjust my brackets at my next adjustment after the xray to fix them.
Braced for 23 months 1 week and 3 days!
I had 4 extractions and all my wisdom teeth removed.
I decided to get removal retainers so it will be easier to floss.

Jewles

#6 Post by Jewles »

I haven't had any during treatment and I don't think I will.

starzz

#7 Post by starzz »

I had them every 6-8 months, to check root position. Maybe 5 all together, including at beginning and end of treatment.
Braced for 2 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 5 days (the 2nd time ‘round)
Hawley on top, Essix on bottom

starzz

#8 Post by starzz »

My response was about X-rays. Pics were only at beginning and end.
Braced for 2 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 5 days (the 2nd time ‘round)
Hawley on top, Essix on bottom

felicia

Re: How late in your treatm. you got your second Xray and pi

#9 Post by felicia »

VA5 wrote:

Do you mind my asking what the small bends in the wire are for?
He made bends to adjust the height of a lower incisor and also a lower first premolar. He said that they were not as tall as my other teeth.

bracedup

#10 Post by bracedup »

I will be having xrays at my next app in 8 weeks time. My ortho wants to see how my roots are now positioned. That will be 5 1/2 months into treatment

macgirl4ever

#11 Post by macgirl4ever »

I had another panordex done after I had been in brackets for a year, maybe at the thirteenth month mark or so. No bite wings though.
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

haywire

#12 Post by haywire »

my ortho didnt mention anything about this so far.. :roll:
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

Steph in Sac

#13 Post by Steph in Sac »

I had x-rays done at 5 months to check the roots to see if he had to make any adjustments to get the teeth positioned properly. I am now at 6 months and he said he wants to take another x-ray on my next visit. I should be done at 10 months.

fosterp

#14 Post by fosterp »

xrays are needed to monitor root resorption. Root resorption - if left unchecked, can cause tooth loss.

DrJasonKTam

#15 Post by DrJasonKTam »

X-rays mid-treatment are used for many reasons including:

-checking for resorption
-checking for root parallelism
-checking for unerupted teeth
-routine monitoring of the bone and structure of the jaws

Photos are a legal record of treatment. Very few doctors taking photos at every appointment, though there are some that do, particularly if they lecture or present at meetings and schools. Otherwise, it is not uncommon to only have one set of photos taken at the end of treatment.
Dr. Jason Tam
Toronto Invisalign, Scarborough braces, and Markham Orthodontist
Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider
Thrice Published in the Invisalign Case Gallery

http://www.mcosmiles.com

Learn all about Toronto Invisalign at http://www.torontobraces.ca.

Before and After Invisalign Video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNTVxoTQqR8
Before and After Invisalign Video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywcwlyL-sg8