Broken Front tooth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kinda Nervous

Broken Front tooth

#1 Post by Kinda Nervous »

Has anyone every broke a front tooth or any while wearing braces?
Did you get it fixed. And bracket put back on.... I have one that is starting to look like it might be on its way to coming apart. I don't want
to spend the next two years with a broken front tooth, any suggestions.
Thanks.

MyLittleTeeth

#2 Post by MyLittleTeeth »

I've never broken a tooth, but I did get two undersized teeth "built up" to a normal size using composite bonding while in braces. I'd imagine you'd undergo a similar procedure to fix a broken tooth - by using composite bonding (or some other type of tooth-colored material) to replace the broken part of the tooth.

The day I had the teeth bonded, I first went to my orthodontist, and he removed my archwire, plus the brackets from the two teeth that were getting built up. Then, I went to the dentist to have the bonding procedure done. Then, I went back to the orthodontist to get the brackets glued back on to the bonded teeth, and the archwire put back in. It was a pretty easy procedure, and pretty common too.

Good luck!

ashesgap

#3 Post by ashesgap »

Heres how my front tooth got chipped....My crazy five year old was chasing my crazy two year old, while i had my morning coffee. My two year old ran and jumped into my lap, just as i was about to take a drink, and BAM! the cup slammed up into my tooth, and chipped off the a corner and some of the bottom. I was pretty frantic, i mean, its the front freak'n tooth. But my awesome dentist got me in that day and did his magic with some tooth colored bonding, and you seriously can't even see where it is. My bracket is on the tooth, but not touching the fixed part at all. One problem is this one tooth was hitting the bracket on the bottom, and i'm gonna have to get some of this bonding re-done, cause its been worn down a little. But i haven't had any other issues with it. Oh and this didn't happen while i had braces on. So i don't know what that would be like.
What do you mean it looks like its coming apart?
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Kinda Nervous

Broken Front tooth

#4 Post by Kinda Nervous »

Yes, My otho said I can get it built up too, while wearing braces , I was just a little concerned because it looks like it might be coming apart on
the edge, and I did this with my coffee cup too. Scary when it is one of your front teeth. Next time I drink my coffee I will try to be more awake.

Kinda Nervous

Broken Front tooth

#5 Post by Kinda Nervous »

I swear I thought my 20 year old son gave me gray hair. Now I know it is these braces . So far I have had 3 brackets fall off and one wire poking in my gum now this tooth cracking on the edge and a bit into the tooth.
Now 22 hrs of labor to have my two boys was nothing compared to this.
I guess it can only get better..... The best thing about braces is the weight I lose 10 pounds so far......