FREE AT LAST FREE AT LAST THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I AM FREE!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lovelyleo

FREE AT LAST FREE AT LAST THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I AM FREE!!

#1 Post by lovelyleo »

Hey Everyone!!

I am finally complete with the braces part of treatment. It only took me about an hour to complete the whole process of bracket removal (~2 minutes), polishing off cement (~15 minutes), fitted for permanent lower retainer (~15 minutes), fitting for impressions of Essix retainers top and bottom (~20 minutes), and final impressions for records (~10 minutes). Overall an excellent experience. I would not change anything about the way my teeth have turned out. I love my results. So far two people who have seen me post braces have considered getting braces :lol: .

I was instructed to wear my upper Essix 24/7 minus eating and brushing time for the first week and then only at night afterwards. If the retainer. start to feel extra tight I should up the time that I wear it. If the top gap that I had previously tries to return I can be fitted for an upper permanent retainer. I do not have to wear my lower Essix during the day because I do have the lower permanent one. I only need to wear that at night. However, I asked if I can wear either retainer longer and the ortho assistant said it does not hurt to wear them longer. They do not bother me so of course I will probably wear them longer because its a comfort thing. I need some type of device in my mouth :oops: .

So far flossing is a breeze even with the permanent retainer and I eat way faster without the braces. Clean up post meal is so simple. A good swish or two with water and I am done :D .

If you are considering getting braces or are in a rough spot during treatment I have to say that braces is worth every dollar spent and every achey tooth, and all the brushing and flossing. . So many people have told me how wonderful my new smile is to the point of embarrassment. While looks is not everything when you put your best foot forward it makes a different on how you feel about your life experiences. And knowing that my teeth, jaw alignment, and gums are healthy will always be something worth smilling about.

I also would like to thank all who responded to my posts, questions, and comments. It is reassuring knowing that you are not the only one with some oral reconstruction being done :wink: .

Here are some before and after pics for those who can't help themselves.

Before:

After With Retainers
Image Image

After No Retainer

Debrace DAY Monday June 14th!!!!
24-30 month estimated treatment time

bluegirl

#2 Post by bluegirl »

Whoo hooo! :D Congrats! Your teeth look great! I think I'd just smile all day long if I were you. Hehe

Thanks for your positive words. I'm sure it'll all be worth it but sometimes I wonder (especially right now...spaces here and there...ugh!)
Braces (uppers & lowers) on: 8/3/09
Sentence: 2 years

LC'sTeefs

#3 Post by LC'sTeefs »

OH MY.....your teeth are beautiful!!

loradora

#4 Post by loradora »

Congratulations on your new, beautiful smile. :D

psych braces

#5 Post by psych braces »

awesome...awesome...awesome...your smile is awesome. Congratulations and thanks for the pics, they are inspiring!

Margie

#6 Post by Margie »

Congratulations! You have a beautiful smile!

hal2me

#7 Post by hal2me »

Congratulations on your beautiful smile! Thank you for sharing!

cosmo

#8 Post by cosmo »

GORGEOUS!!

My Brace Story:
http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
1st Adjustment: 6/12/10-wire .014, top n bottom

follow my blog @ http://www.honneyinthesun.com

njsuburban

#9 Post by njsuburban »

Your teeth/smile is gorgeous! Thank you for the encouraging words to all of us who still have time to serve! :D
Braced Feb. 18, 2010.

Amazing Grace

#10 Post by Amazing Grace »

Absolutely beautiful!!! :-)o

Donna

#11 Post by Donna »

Congrats!! Your teeth look great!

alimommy1

#12 Post by alimommy1 »

Great new smile!! Congratulations!

ItsmeRichard

#13 Post by ItsmeRichard »

awww CONGRATS! That was definitely inspiring for all of us. I can't wait until my debrace day, Im gonna be smiling ALL the time LOL
Spacers: 7/29/09
Braces put on: 8/5/09
25 month sentence
Estimated debrace: 9/2011 (hopefully earlier)

GeenBug

#14 Post by GeenBug »

Wow, looks great!

Braced: June 24, 2010.