Insurance Covering Cost for Adults

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PrincessKia

#31 Post by PrincessKia »

LOL! I didn't even notice that. Everytime I call I get a different answer.

I think they say it that way to make sure that they cover themselves by saying what's paid for the "initial banding."

I'm just saving up my $800 for next Thursday. I figure anytime between then and the end of treatment I'd better have my $1,000 limit reimbursed by then, since I'm paying for everything OOP before they send any kind of payment.

browneyedgrl

#32 Post by browneyedgrl »

I have delta and they covered $2,000 of my treatment, which they paid 50% at my banding appointment and they paid the remainder 6 months later. I paid the difference over a 10 month period after my initial deposit.

My son just started treatment yesterday and now my ortho is contracted with delta so I ended up getting a nice discount as well.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Dilema

#33 Post by Dilema »

how come dental covers some and doesn't cover the others?

hypocrite opportunist

#34 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

My coverage through Delta Dental only pays a $1000 lifetime maximum towards orthodontia (which all went towards my $6100 braces). However, they pay that $1000 over a year...$250 up front, then the remaining $$ throughout the rest of the year. Luckily my ortho charged me as if the full $1000 benefit was provided at one time.
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]

Dilema

#35 Post by Dilema »

Dilema wrote:how come delta dental covers some and doesn't cover the others?

hypocrite opportunist

#36 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

Dilema wrote:how come dental covers some and doesn't cover the others?
-Delta offers a variety of dental products- it's up to your employer to customize how rich they want to make your benefit package. It costs them more to include coverage for orthodontia, for example. So, if your employer decides not to include any orthodontic coverage, their overall premium they pay each month for your dental insurance would be less than if they decided to cover ortho. So, it's not that Delta covers some people and not others, it's just that some employers agree to take on the extra expense of orthodontia as a benefit for their employees, while others do not. Hope that makes sense.
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]