So Sad :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

msbee

#31 Post by msbee »

You know, 100% of my friends have told me that "I didn't need braces, my teeth weren't that bad" etc, and I thought perhaps these guys were trying to be nice or polite...
Coz after all, it may be quite rude if they were to say "yeah, high time!" or "Good on you! I was wondering when you were gonna get round to fixing your crooked teeth"

Of course they didn't say I was wasting money, which would've been highly annoying...
My teeth were sentenced on 7th May 2010 to be imprisoned for 2 years.
What they did behind bars: My braces story
Finishing wire on since 4th October
Debraced June 2011!!

UGHBRACES

#32 Post by UGHBRACES »

Yeah my friends also said things like "i didn't think you needed braces". They definitely intended to come off as polite.

One day i was with a group of friends. One of them had just gotten her braces taken off, and another said to her "your teeth look good, they were horrible before!".
Now THAT to me is rude!!

evilnel

#33 Post by evilnel »

Wow, UGHBRACES, that is really rude!

I think I'm blessed with the greatest, most sensitive friends ever. When I post progress updates in my journal, they are very encouraging. Most said 'I never really noticed your teeth' or thought they gave me character, but are also like 'yeah, looking good!' now. If your friends can't be supportive of you, maybe it's time to examine how good of friends these people really are. You deserve to have people support you and your decisions.

evilnel

#34 Post by evilnel »

I should specify, that comment your friend made to your other friend was rude, not you. Just realized that was vague.