Difficult Foods to Eat!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracesrox

#16 Post by bracesrox »

Oh my nemesis are hush puppies, anything with tortillas (like burritos) and oreos (to much to clean out of the brackets). I can eat pretty much everything else for now including the crust of pizza. We shall see how this changes when I get the lower arch braced. I've been avoiding the forbidden foods with the exception of gummy worms..
Radiance clear uppers and metal lowers
1st of 3 consultations = 3/11/10
Records & Such = 4/21/10
Upper Brace Day = 5/11/10
Lower Brace Day = 7/01/10

b

#17 Post by b »

To be honest I cant wait to chew gum. Its the first thing Im going to get on debrace day.
Now I know everyones going to say you can still chew sugerfree gum, but Its not the same when you have metal caps on 4 molars, big metal bars preventing me from moving my jaw side to side and this appliance sticking an inch off the roof of my mouth and to top it off, elastics.
Spacers in Aug. '09
MARA without elbows on Aug/09
Braces on Nov. 20/09
Elbows for MARA in Feb. 25/10
Braces off August 26, 2010!
Essix Retainers

my story: http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=33571

cosmo

#18 Post by cosmo »

burritos are messy! and Ramen top noodle soups i hate them. I know your not suppose to eat pizza crust but i do :shock: :D i open it up and eat the inside and not the outer part.

My Brace Story:
http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
1st Adjustment: 6/12/10-wire .014, top n bottom

follow my blog @ http://www.honneyinthesun.com

BracketRacket

#19 Post by BracketRacket »

At the moment, everything! :lol:

50+

#20 Post by 50+ »

I haven't had too much of a problem eating, but right now I don't have brackets on my back molars. I'll be getting them put on in 2 weeks, so I'm sure my eating habits will change considerably. I have eaten steak - mainly at home so I can go brush and floss right after and usually a tender steak. I cut up hotdogs and pb&js. I pretty much use a knife and fork with everything I eat. I eat salads just fine as long as I choose small stuff that aren't hard to chew. I've eaten pizza with a knife and fork as well. Yes, the crust is the best, not eating the crust contributes to cutting back on eating too much - thus losing weight. I've lost 8lbs in the last 3 months and anticipate losing more with the back brackets added and in a couple months will have the anchor pins inserted!
50+ ceramics top and bottom as of 2-16-10
Scheduled to have braces removed on 8-16-12!!

Audra

#21 Post by Audra »

cosmo wrote:I know your not suppose to eat pizza crust but i do :shock: :D i open it up and eat the inside and not the outer part.
You can eat pizza crust. You're just not supposed to bite into it. I use a knife and fork and have never had a problem.

Theresa48

#22 Post by Theresa48 »

I have (recently) found that I can eat anything if I blend it, or if I cut it really small....ate a soft tace with a knife and fork...I just figure this is how it will be...veggie dogs tonight, on a bun with all the fixins, with a knife and fork---how civilized!

Takako

#23 Post by Takako »

Oh my god, rice. Rice gets stuck between my molars and premolars EVERY TIME. And spinach too, as others have said, LOVES to coat my teeth! What else? Hmn, anything that's bigger than your mouth that you have to take a big bite of. Like sub sandwiches. Soft bread also loves to cling to my teeth. Oh, and stringy, tough meats!!! Haven't had a problem with rice-less sushi meats like tuna with sauce. Yum.

I remember the first meal after being braced. A hot pocket. I did not in a MILLION years consider hot pockets to be "hard". It was like trying to chew a rock!!! Took me 30 minutes to gum it to death in little pieces!!