sos...severe de-molar band pain

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fldhkybnva

sos...severe de-molar band pain

#1 Post by fldhkybnva »

i was debraced saturday. everything felt great over the weekend. monday night when i ate dinner i got severe pain between the 1st and 2nd upper molars on both sides. the pain has continued to the point that it's almost impossible to eat. i realize that there is a space there from where the molar bands used to be and so i had been flossing to try to get out whatever was getting stuck up there but nothing would come out. the pain was so bad that i went to the ortho today and he managed to pick out a truckload of food from both spaces and gave me some superfloss. the pain subsided soon after this but i just ate again and the pain is worse than it has ever been. i tried to bear through through the pain and used the superfloss but alas no food came out.

any suggestions?

i'm usually ok with pain but this is horrible and makes it near impossible to chew with horrible throbbing and aching for hours afterwards.

UGHBRACES

#2 Post by UGHBRACES »

You should be able to get the food out, your ortho got it out after all.
Change up your technique. Floss right up as far as the floss will go into your gum line. Grind the floss down the sides of each tooth.

I have the same issues with food always getting stuck up in that gap where a band was, but i don't have much trouble getting it out though.

peach

#3 Post by peach »

A waterpik might help.

felicia

#4 Post by felicia »

you guys are freaking me out!!!!
is that space left by molar bands temporary?

fldhkybnva

#5 Post by fldhkybnva »

thanks for the advice. i think i've finally figured out how to maneuver to get all the food out after meals. it takes about 10 minutes to get the right angles and clear it all out. is this normal? however, it still hurts so much when i eat.

my ortho assures me that these spaces will close. anyone know a good timeline?