Ack. 21 months...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AngelRuse

Ack. 21 months...

#1 Post by AngelRuse »

I just came back to the forum after forever being gone. And I looked at my ticker. 21 months. My original estimate was 2 years.

My teeth are pretty different than when I started. They're wonderful. But there are gaps that need closing even yet. Is it normal to go over your estimate? I'm feeling kinda...what'd I do wrong, at the moment. I mean sometimes after a meal I forget my rubber bands for an hour or two. Does that really make that huge of a difference?

:?

peach

#2 Post by peach »

Hi angelruse. I'm one of those whose tx. Time is extended. I was told 2 yrs. This june will make 3 yrs. I've done everything I was suppose to but I have denser bone so its taking longer. It sounds like ur doing what ur suppose to do. if its gap closure ur waiting on then the elastics don't really have anything to do w/ that. If ur worried that ur treatment time might go over, just ask ur ortho how close he/she believes you are to retainer time. Its tough but try to hang in there. :)

AngelRuse

#3 Post by AngelRuse »

Thanks, Peach! I think maybe my bone might be in the same boat yours is. heh. I remember in the beginning it taking forever for them to get my eye teeth moved...they kept having to switch tactics because they weren't moving fast.

So rubber bands are only for bite, is it? I wasn't sure what all they were used for.

I should ask, but I'm afraid of the answer. :wink: Sorry yours has taken longer than they said. Blah. Teeth.