No Brace Centre vs regular braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

melaniesmum24

No Brace Centre vs regular braces

#1 Post by melaniesmum24 »

Hi everyone, I'm in Melbourne Australia and have been giving some thought to going to the No Brace Centre here. Has anyone had much experience with this method??

One thing that nags me however is that the victorian dental board seems to have found one of the head dentists to have engaged in 'unprofessional conduct' in November 2009 (link attached, http://www.dentprac.vic.gov.au/docs/dec_masters.pdf )

any thoughts??

thanks in advance.

braceface418

#2 Post by braceface418 »

Looking at the website in that very detailed report, it looks like they only accept kids under the age of 10. Frankly, I don't see many differences between this system and invisalign, but maybe I'm missing something.

In any case, actual action against doctors/dentists seems so rare that I personally would not visit one that had received reprimands by their professional organization.