3D X-Ray PIC!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fluffybottom

3D X-Ray PIC!

#1 Post by fluffybottom »

So, when I fist started getting consultations regarding braces two years ago, my ortho asked me to get these special fancy 3d x-rays so she could see exactly where my impacted canine was positioned. I later glimpsed them in my file and I thought they looked really cool! However, it didn't seem like she uploaded them to her site (I can log into my account and see all the pictures/xrays she's taken, my appointment info, etc).

Well, she recently added them! I think they are so, so, SO cool because it looks like they managed to get a camera in under my skin to take pictures of my skull. I'm posting a link to the picture instead of embedding it directly because, I dunno, maybe some people will be skeeved out by a realistic photo of a person's skull.

But like I said, I think it's way super neat and I figure other people would think it's way super neat too so I am sharing!

http://www.ninae.com/photos/3d_me.jpg
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

ashesgap

#2 Post by ashesgap »

ok i have no idea what exactly to look for...but those x-rays are so cool. Really. Thanks for putting those up.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Bekah

#3 Post by Bekah »

You are right! They ARE super neat! Thank you for sharing. Never thought I would be jealous of xrays!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

BracketRacket

#4 Post by BracketRacket »

Awesome (creepy, but awesome!) I'm not sure how'd I feel if they were mine, though -- I love looking at my x-rays and stuff, but I do get a little freaked out if I think about it too much! :oops:

jeh

#5 Post by jeh »

That is pretty cool. What exactly happened with tooth 11 and how did they fix it? It looks like it was up under your nose and no tooth was through the gum.

See what kind of personal questions you get when you post something like that :p

fluffybottom

#6 Post by fluffybottom »

I just think it is neat to see my skull with dimension to it! I especially like the shots in profile because I can see so clearly how my face fits over my skull. I wish I could get my whole body done like this!

jeh: I had the tooth exposed and it was successfully brought down! It took over a year and the oral surgeon, my ortho and my dentist were all very doubtful that it could be done (the position was very difficult and, because I am in my mid/late 30s, they feared that it was fused to the bone). It's not an entirely happy ending though -- the tooth next to it (the first tooth to the left of my front teeth) is going to have to be pulled because there is no bone for the root to move into, only empty space. And because of the severity of the bone deformity, it's not a good candidate for an implant. So I'll be getting a partial bridge there instead and some gum grafts to build up that area. Which is a bummer but hey, there are a lot worse things in life!
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

avy

#7 Post by avy »

WOW! they are cool 8) I want one!

yo

#8 Post by yo »

Very interesting pics, but I couldn't study them closely cos I found them a bit creepy. :wink:

essdee

#9 Post by essdee »

Cor! Wow! I want some too! Thank you for sharing :)

ngarner0717

#10 Post by ngarner0717 »

Aww that is so awesome. I wish mine would of done that :(. Maybe I wouldn't have gone through 4 chains lol.