Couple of odd questions....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jjs34748

#16 Post by jjs34748 »

randirocks wrote:I'm actually kind of sad that I have self-ligating braces. I really wish I could get colored ligs. They are super cute. I know that cleaning my braces is easier but still!

Ask your Ortho if he/she will put colored ligs on for you. I have self ligating brackets and my Ortho would do it for me if I asked him to. Personally I don't want them, but my 12 year old has colored ligs on his and my 8 year old will be getting colors also at his next adjustment.

brendap27

Re: Couple of odd questions....

#17 Post by brendap27 »

BracketRacket wrote: Also, I've noticed a sensitivity to a certain type of toothpaste. I started using Crest Whiting Expressions in cinnamon (not crazy about mint, how weird am I :oops: ?) and it seems to irritate the outside of my mouth. I would think if it were a true allergy, the inside of my mouth and gums would react, but it's just the outside that gets a bit pink (first I thought the color was just staining) and "weird" feeling. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Thanks guys!
I've had a similar problem for years with toothpastes. They always made my mouth and lips feel like they were burning and made my lips and the area around my mouth turn red. I did a lot of experimenting and eventually tried using a toothpaste that was SLS free. Apparently there are people who are sensitive to it and it apparently has been implicated in causing canker sores. I've found that it really helps a lot.

BracketRacket

#18 Post by BracketRacket »

Thanks guys! Headed there in about 12 hours -- anything I should be asking that I'm sure I'll forget? :lol: