Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

At What Age Did You Start Your Current Orthodontic Treatment?

18 to 21
15%
22 to 29
36%
30 to 39
29%
40 to 49
13%
50 to 59
6%
60 plus
1%

Total votes: 2072

Alberto25

Re: Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

#1006 Post by Alberto25 »

14 years

sim3jam

#1007 Post by sim3jam »

21 years old! Started in August and had my first follow up today!

yendisderaj

#1008 Post by yendisderaj »

I first wore braces from age 14-16. But, being the BRILLIANT teenager that I was, I insisted that my permanent retainers be removed and I never wore my removable retainers. Fast forward 22 years and I have braces, AGAIN!

turtle

#1009 Post by turtle »

I hot braces at age 12 but have had some type of metal in my mouth starting at age 5. I was quite burnt out on treatment by the time my braces came off that I didn't wear my retainers as instructed and after a while they didn't fit anymore. At age 19 I decided to have new retainers made to prevent further relapse and also ease jaw pain.

pteryxm

#1010 Post by pteryxm »

I got braces 4 months ago, I am currently 22 and expected to wear it until the age of 25. A long way to go!

korikelly

#1011 Post by korikelly »

2 weeks ago at 44. Ugh

xiixii85

#1012 Post by xiixii85 »

I got braces 7 weeks ago, I’m currently 31 (will be 32 in 5 weeks).

bracefaceislife

#1013 Post by bracefaceislife »

21 for a year and half! In real life, my age is a bit high, but not online apparently!! Anyways

unrulybananapeel

#1014 Post by unrulybananapeel »

I’m 19, and I got my braces yesterday. I had to get four teeth pulled last week in order for there to be enough room because of the crowding. Although I’m 19 and in college, I looked about 13-14 before, so now I look even younger. No one believes me when I tell them I’m turning 20 soon lol

adisa

#1015 Post by adisa »

I was 28 when they put installed all the metal stuff, and expected to have them on for 2 years.

bracefaceislife

#1016 Post by bracefaceislife »

unrulybananapeel wrote:I’m 19, and I got my braces yesterday. I had to get four teeth pulled last week in order for there to be enough room because of the crowding. Although I’m 19 and in college, I looked about 13-14 before, so now I look even younger. No one believes me when I tell them I’m turning 20 soon lol
21 and mistaken for 16 all the time! This is going to be my life

Rocketgirl

#1017 Post by Rocketgirl »

I got braces this year at 58!! I had retainers as a kid, but both the dentist and ortho said that it wasn’t uncommon for teeth to begin to shift around at this age. They looked awful and one of my bottom teeth was so crooked that it stuck out and was routinely cutting my lower lip.
Of course now the entire inside of my mouth gets slashed up on a regular basis!! Oh well, I got them in late May and they straightening part has pretty much already happened.

embracethebraceface

#1018 Post by embracethebraceface »

I got them on at 20. At first I had Invisalign, but I experienced problems with them and being out of state from the orthodontist only exacerbated the issues. At one point, the Invisalign didn't fit right and it hurt to the point where my gums became severely swollen (not the normal swollen when transitioning) and wearing them would make my gums bleed. I believe my teeth didn't transition the way anticipated, so the next few batches accomplished nothing. Even with metal braces, they're still moving A LOT slower than anticipated. & I just wonder are they really taking a good look at my teeth? So then I switched to both metal and ceramic braces. I'm 24 and still have braces. It's been a very long process.

metalmouthmama

#1019 Post by metalmouthmama »

I got my braces on in August 2017 at age 38.

INBC

#1020 Post by INBC »

Got braces around age 12-13. My ortho at the time completely failed to diagnose or address my jaw asymmetry so I'm setting up consultations for a second round of braces and jaw surgery at 27 years old. So excited to finally fix my smile!