Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

At What Age Did You Start Your Current Orthodontic Treatment?

18 to 21
15%
22 to 29
36%
30 to 39
29%
40 to 49
13%
50 to 59
6%
60 plus
1%

Total votes: 2072

braceace

Re: Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

#1066 Post by braceace »

I got them last week at 30. I wish I had known I needed them when I was younger, like when I was 19, because I hear that bringing down an impacted canine is much more successful the younger you are, but the dentist I had as a teen never told me that I had that, or that I had so many baby teeth. OR that I could have closed the gaps caused by two molar extractions before causing upper jaw deterioration...>.>

My parents would have never been able to afford braces, so 19 would have been the time when I could have pursued it myself.

quickredfox

#1067 Post by quickredfox »

32 here, just got them.
Should have gotten them as a kid, but my mom (and dentist!) didn't think it was medically necessary.

jeffhere

#1068 Post by jeffhere »

23. Regret it though, functional change but no aesthetic change

Bloomsbury

#1069 Post by Bloomsbury »

I’m getting mine in 2 weeks and I’m 24. A lot of people have told me their only regret was waiting so long when I tell them I feel too old

Teslathecat

#1070 Post by Teslathecat »

32. It's been 3 years and 7 months. Hopefully my braces will be off in a month or 2.

Janeharrison

#1071 Post by Janeharrison »

At 28, just over 5 years ago. I have In-ovation c brackets

DeSnek

#1072 Post by DeSnek »

Just turned 29 a few days ago and I’m about to take the plunge. I wish I got them sooner but I’m excited nonetheless!

lildropofsunshine

#1073 Post by lildropofsunshine »

I'm 28 and will be getting braces soon...hopefully within the next few weeks!

thebalconyfool

#1074 Post by thebalconyfool »

I'm about to take the plunge at 50! Nervous, but also excited. I was happy to see I'm not alone here on the board as I noticed there are some others in my age group as well. :)

gorillatoad

#1075 Post by gorillatoad »

38! Would have loved to have gotten them earlier, especially since my angled wisdom teeth made the crowding much worse over the adult years, but c'est la vie. I'm 2 weeks in to 2-3 years... trying not to think about it. :)

Botoxandbraces

#1076 Post by Botoxandbraces »

37! Had them for two years as a kid, didn’t wear my retainer, and now I’ve decided to go through a whole mouth reconstruction to prep for veneers and metal braces is part of the treatment plan.

I’m currently about 6 months in to an 18 month sentence...and in lots of pain due to a big tightening/adjustment two days ago. Can’t sleep. Ouch!

WooHooYeah

#1077 Post by WooHooYeah »

I'm 46 and will be making a consultation appointment soon. I've been wanting to for a long time but had a son in braces so I needed to wait until I wasn't paying on those anymore.

race4brace

#1078 Post by race4brace »

I will be 33-34 when I do get them done and I wish I’d had the orthodontics put in ten years ago. Better late than never!

SG4

#1079 Post by SG4 »

I had braces from 5th grade through 8th grade as a kid but as an adult I had them put on at 33 and taken off at 35.

Miaow99

#1080 Post by Miaow99 »

I guess I'm very late to the party at 45! Thought about it regularly but didn't do anything about it. Now I'll be getting them in the new year! Very excited, can't wait to start. ( I'll possibly regret sounding excited!!)