Would you be happy with these results? Pics Included

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

leftyme

Would you be happy with these results? Pics Included

#1 Post by leftyme »

I've been braced since May 08. I'm scheduled to have my braces removed January 6. Would you be happy with these results?

Maria83

#2 Post by Maria83 »

I would be yes, as long as the bite is good and comfortable I would be very happy. Congratulations at getting near to the end :D !

khrystal1968

#3 Post by khrystal1968 »

I think they look fine.

Jewles

#4 Post by Jewles »

It might just be the photo but are they tipping inwards rather than sitting straight?

Boohill

#5 Post by Boohill »

Your teeth look good. They are really straight but they do seem to point inward like Jewles said. But it’s hard to say if I would be happy with the results since we don’t know how your teeth were to begin with. Your journey is done. Congratulations!!!!

khrystal1968

#6 Post by khrystal1968 »

Did you have extractions?

leftyme

#7 Post by leftyme »

Jewles wrote:It might just be the photo but are they tipping inwards rather than sitting straight?
You're absolutely right and I even went back to my Ortho the day after he told me that I was getting them off b/c i was so concerned with this tipping in. I feel like they're tipping in even more now b/c he has be wearing elastics from my upper canines to my bottom canines and first premolars, making a triangle.

I'm actually REALLY upset by these results. I think that my arch is way too narrow. I guess I should have paid attention to his "after" pictures b/c none of his former patients have very broad arches. At the time I thought straight teeth were all the same and that Orthos didn't have "styles." I saw three Orthos and he was the most expensive, nicest office but I chose him b/c he instilled the most confidence in me.
khrystal1968 wrote:Did you have extractions?
Nope no extractions.

leftyme

#8 Post by leftyme »

Jewles wrote:It might just be the photo but are they tipping inwards rather than sitting straight?
You're absolutely right and I even went back to my Ortho the day after he told me that I was getting them off b/c i was so concerned with this tipping in. I feel like they're tipping in even more now b/c he has be wearing elastics from my upper canines to my bottom canines and first premolars, making a triangle.

I'm actually REALLY upset by these results. I think that my arch is way too narrow. I guess I should have paid attention to his "after" pictures b/c none of his former patients have very broad arches. At the time I thought straight teeth were all the same and that Orthos didn't have "styles." I saw three Orthos and he was the most expensive, nicest office but I chose him b/c he instilled the most confidence in me.
khrystal1968 wrote:Did you have extractions?
Nope no extractions.

leftyme

#9 Post by leftyme »

Anyone know the difficulty of getting the first pre-molars on back to arch out more?

yj207

#10 Post by yj207 »

Do you have the regular round wire instead of the square one? How many wire changes did you get?
Braced for 23 months 1 week and 3 days!
I had 4 extractions and all my wisdom teeth removed.
I decided to get removal retainers so it will be easier to floss.

leftyme

#11 Post by leftyme »

yj207 wrote:Do you have the regular round wire instead of the square one? How many wire changes did you get?
I don't think I've had a round wire since the very very beginning. I think I've had four bottom wires and three different ones on the top.

Sorry about the double post above. Is there no way to edit posts and delete?

yj207

#12 Post by yj207 »

No your not allowed to edit or delete your posts

Anyway your wire looks very thin and it's not straight. It looks like it has some leveling to do. I found this website http://www.alpineorthodontics.com/patient_info it explains what leveling is. I would ask your ortho about it. Also your teeth shouldn't be going inward, I would as him about that as well. Since you are only 3 months away i would ask him as many questions as possible in what he is planning to do to address these things because you should be happy with your smile! Honestly it does not look bad but, in my opinion but it should be better.

Do you know about the square wires? The wire is not square but instead of it being round all around it's square. This is the 2nd square wire I received and because it's harder than the other wires its straight all around not going up and down. If you look at the braces stories and look at other people's teeth and braces you can learn a lot more. Good luck!
Braced for 23 months 1 week and 3 days!
I had 4 extractions and all my wisdom teeth removed.
I decided to get removal retainers so it will be easier to floss.

leftyme

#13 Post by leftyme »

yj207 wrote:Do you know about the square wires? The wire is not square but instead of it being round all around it's square. This is the 2nd square wire I received and because it's harder than the other wires its straight all around not going up and down. If you look at the braces stories and look at other people's teeth and braces you can learn a lot more. Good luck!
Yeah I understand the concept of a square wire, it's definitely what I have now.

And I know my ticker says three more months but it's actually like 6 weeks until my debanding day, the Ortho moved it up. I just don't think I'm ready unless a lot of movement can happen in those six weeks.

Thanks for your comments.

cathykay

#14 Post by cathykay »

What did your orthodontist say when you went back the day after your appointment? I'm assuming you expressed your concerns to him then. We pay a lot of money to get a nice smile and the process isn't exactly a fun one, so you should definitely speak up if you haven't already.

Hearing a debanding date should be exciting because you should be happy with your smile and anxious to bear a braceless-grin! In your case, you are not happy with the results and therefore don't have that excitement. I agree with others that the teeth do look like they are tipping in. Maybe if you leave the braces on for longer, your orthodontist will correct this? You can also seek another opinion to hear what another orthodontist has to say.

Ceramic on the top, metal on bottom

My Braces Story! (with pictures!)

leftyme

#15 Post by leftyme »

I had a check in appointment yesterday and I asked about the tipping. The Ortho said that my bottom jaw is not symetrical so the tipping on those top teeth is to counter this and to make no overjet.

So the Ortho untipped the teeth a bit and yeah now there is an overjet on that side which is annoying me.

There's gotta be a way to make the teeth straight and have no overjet though?!? I really can't see the lopsidnesses of my bottom jaw!

Thoughts?