Elastic Configuration

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NYG2007

Elastic Configuration

#1 Post by NYG2007 »

I have a new configuration going on. On the left side... From the inside of the top 2nd molar to the inside of the 2nd bicuspid to the front of the lower 2nd molar to the front of the lower 2nd bicuspid. It makes like a box shape. On the other side I have an elastic running from the inside of my top 2nd bicuspid to the outside of the bottom 2nd bicuspid. They said my top arch is too narrow and they are using this along with a wire to widen the top arch.

This configuration is annoying. I am sure I will get used to it.
Braces worn for 2 Years 4 Days

Blog: http://nygbracesjourney.blogspot.com/

mp921

#2 Post by mp921 »

I'm wearing an elastic from the inside of a top molar to the outside of the bottom molar for a crossbite on the right side. I definitely don't mind this configuration as compared to the last set of elastics I was in which were tearing up my cheeks and seemingly making my bite look worse. :wink:
Braced 2nd Time: May 2008
Lower Jaw Advancement Surgery (BSSO): August 2009
One Miniplate & Four Screws Removed: October 2009

NYG2007

#3 Post by NYG2007 »

***EDIT***
On the other side I have an elastic running from the inside of my top 2nd bicuspid to the outside of the bottom 2nd bicuspid.

Should be...

On the other side I have an elastic running from the inside of my top 2nd molar to the outside of the bottom 2nd molar.
Braces worn for 2 Years 4 Days

Blog: http://nygbracesjourney.blogspot.com/

jxds

#4 Post by jxds »

I had an elastic from the inside of my top molar to the outside of lower molar, no big deal except for the fact that at some point it started snapping all the time!
braced 07/02/08, braces off january 2010
sentence: 18 months, upper and lower damons + elastics
Bonded+essix retainers
My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=28298