jaw surgery

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mikeups1278

jaw surgery

#1 Post by mikeups1278 »

At first my ortho said surgery would cost around $40,000 but I'm not going to pay that at all. I wonder if he's just saying that to make money. Anyone agreed?

thisisme

#2 Post by thisisme »

...:huh:

Jewles

#3 Post by Jewles »

Is he pulling out your teeth and replacing them with diamonds?

socksy

#4 Post by socksy »

I think it depends on your location. Here in Southern California, if you are paying out of pocket (without insurance coverage), jaw surgery can end up costing close to $100,000. :shock: This is the primary reason I opted out of it. I couldn't be happier with my results, without surgery, so I have absolutely no regrets.

clear Radiance brackets top and bottom

socksy

#5 Post by socksy »

I think it depends on your location. Here in Southern California, if you are paying out of pocket (without insurance coverage), jaw surgery can end up costing close to $100,000. :shock: This is the primary reason I opted out of it. I couldn't be happier with my results, without surgery, so I have absolutely no regrets.

clear Radiance brackets top and bottom

uvraise

#6 Post by uvraise »

I would seek at least 1 other opinion. I was told by two Orthos that I would need surgery to correct my bite. I actually went for a facial surgery consult. They wanted to do two separate surgeries in addition to SARPE surgery and braces. I gave up! The March of this year I took my two boys in for braces and met for a third consult with their Ortho. I explained I just wanted a more aesthetically pleasing smile. She said if I was comfortable with my bite, she could make my smile look great. Seven months later, I have a wider palate thanks to a non-surgical palatal expander my two lateral incisors that were at 90 degrees are just about perfect now. Thanks to IPR, my teeth are a nice shape complimenting each other. I went from an open, underbite to a closed, slight over (normal) bite thanks to elastics. I'm only seven months in, if I had to live with the results I have now compared to what I had just seven months ago, I would be 100% satisfied. All of this was done without surgery of any kind. I can only imagine how good my teeth will look a year from now. So do yourself a favor........get a second, third, hell even a fourth opinion!
JOHN