People getting debraced before the New Year!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

switchblades

People getting debraced before the New Year!

#1 Post by switchblades »

Hi all, just wondering who else is getting debraced between now and the New Year? Mine come off at 6pm AST this coming Thursday! What will your first de-braced meal be? I'm thinking corn on the cob and chicken wings :)

electrokitty

#2 Post by electrokitty »

Hi
Congrats on your debracing date! I bet you're so excited!

I should have just one more adjustment to go and then be brace free by about the 20th of November- yey!
Even if things aren't quite right by then and my ortho wants to add another adjustment in, I'm hoping they will still be off in time for Christmas.

Hmmm, I've been pondering my first meal without braces too. Can't decide between:
1) Rare steak in a super crusty baguette
2) Curry (easy enough to eat with braces but so not worth the bright yellow ligatures)
3) Roast pork with crackling and all the trimmings
Maybe I will have a 3 course dinner involving all three!

Good luck for Thursday!!!

Kitty

Jewles

#3 Post by Jewles »

My meal will definitely involve crackling :) but thats not till march!

BRACEYOURSELF!

#4 Post by BRACEYOURSELF! »

I've only had braces for 4months and I'm still eating all those atm ahahahah lucky me. First thing I'd eat after de bracing would prob be toffee ahaahah.
I am Jack's smirking revenge.

KimC

#5 Post by KimC »

I have been hoping to be done before Christmas this year, but it looks like I am going to miss it by a month or 2. When I do get my braces off, I am going to find and eat all of the caramel I can find.

switchblades

#6 Post by switchblades »

Haha mmm. those all sound so yummy! I am so excited, I get the braces off tomorrow then I start a new job next week! :)

lovelyleo

#7 Post by lovelyleo »

***Super Jealous***

I dream of my debrace day. It can not arrive fast enough! I just have to make it through winter and spring and hopefully (knock on wood) I will be done in the summer.

Debrace DAY Monday June 14th!!!!
24-30 month estimated treatment time

CactusZAF

#8 Post by CactusZAF »

Today I had an adjustment (and got a few really unpleasant elastics configs) and when the tech was finished explaining where the elastics should be attached etc, she told me to make an appointment for four weeks time so they could "evaluate weather things are all in the right place" and if they are, decide when these suckers can come off. I was too shocked to even get excited until the statement had settled in. I'm trying not to psych myself up too much so that I don't get waaaay disappointed if it doesn't happen before the end of the year. But if all goes well they might come off towards the beginning/middle of December (what a great Christmas present that would be) so maybe I'll also be as lucky as some of you "almost free". :D

switchblades

#9 Post by switchblades »

Good luck Cactus, that's really exciting for unexpected news! :)

We went grocery shopping today and bought all kinds of goodies for a party we're having tomorrow night, it's become my debracing party :) There is a 1kg bag of caramels on my counter, and we're having gummies and all kinds of yummy treats I haven't been able to have for a while!

Anyway, my friend is taking me out for my last supper as a braceface, then my appointment is after that so I will be on to post pics in the next few hours!

switchblades

#10 Post by switchblades »

I'm debraced! Pics on page 4 of my story :D

viewtopic.php?p=319604#319604

CactusZAF

#11 Post by CactusZAF »

Wow, I had a look at your pics of your teeth and they look absolutely awesome! I'm sure you're gonna enjoy the "brace free" party (please have a couple of caramels and gummies for me). Enjoy! :wink:

Faerydust

#12 Post by Faerydust »

I'm almost there! The big day is next month. :D
My Braces Story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=25137
4/23/08 - Upper 1st premolars & lower impacted wisdoms extracted
-Getting lowers rebraced Aug. 30th-
Certified Dental Assistant

jxds

#13 Post by jxds »

I was originally scheduled to get them reomved by december, but considering all the issues that I still have, I'm pretty sure I won't be done by new year!
braced 07/02/08, braces off january 2010
sentence: 18 months, upper and lower damons + elastics
Bonded+essix retainers
My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=28298

switchblades

#14 Post by switchblades »

Aww that's no fun jxds, At least you know when they do come off it will be that much better!
Initial Consult: August 22nd, 2008
Upper Arch Bracketed: October 22nd, 2008
Lower Arch Bracketed: December 3rd, 2008
Debraced: October 15th, 2009

My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... sc&start=0

sdawdy

#15 Post by sdawdy »

I just found out that all we are waiting on is the bite on my left side and my midline to straighten out. I asked if I would have them off by Christmas, and got told probably not... :( but at least i know i am almost done!!!!

The one thing I have not dared to try with my braces is Laffy Taffy....I really want it!!!!