Impressions? Finally??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ghotieyes

Impressions? Finally??

#1 Post by ghotieyes »

Went for my 39th month adjustment this week and my ortho tells me that if my teeny gaps close up with the powerchain in 4 weeks, then they can take impressions and get me ready to finish up!! I though I'd never get to this point. Dropped off the face of Archwired for a while because my progress seems to be so slow and I was getting sick of having the braces, but now I'm reinvigorated.

socksy

#2 Post by socksy »

CONGRATULATIONS! you must be so happy! :D

clear Radiance brackets top and bottom

MrMetalMouth1029

#3 Post by MrMetalMouth1029 »

Way to go!!! Have a bag of popcorn for me when that big day comes! :D
Braced (upper and lower): 10/29/08
Debraced: 3/17/10
Now sportin' a permanent bottom retainer
Alternate clear retainers every 12 hours

switchblades

#4 Post by switchblades »

Hehe it's so exciting! My ortho told me last month that I should be able to have them off this month, my date is this coming Thursday for my retainer fitting. Fair warning, the gunk for the impressions gets really stuck in brackets. They took my molar bands off before they did my impressions as well, so those teeth now feel really weird! hehe.

I cannot wait for corn on the cob, chicken wings, candy apple and gummi worms again!

PatJ

Impressions? Finally??

#5 Post by PatJ »

You must be so relieved to finally getting close to a deband date. I am getting debanded in 3 weeks time and will have had them on 2 years and 4 days, I am over it and I just couldn't imagine going on like this for another year. Congratulations and here's hoping you get that magic date soon.

ghotieyes

#6 Post by ghotieyes »

mm... corn on the cob... too bad corn season is over in new england. braces have never stopped me from eating it though. I've just had to spend an extra 15 minutes sucking it out from my teeth afterwards.

i finally have something to tell people when they ask how much longer i have with braces!

switchblades

#7 Post by switchblades »

Oh corn season is over in Nova Scotia too. But you can sometimes still get it at the grocery store from like, California and such. Nowhere near as good as local, but sometimes you just gotta settle!