brackets unclipped!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lola

brackets unclipped!

#1 Post by Lola »

Hi All, I had an appointment 2 weeks ago but am not due back until November and have just discovered two of my brackets unclipped. I have clear self ligating possibe damon brackets on my lowers. The clips look of but if you tuch them they just slide up. I had this before and told my ortho I couldnt clip it back in and he said yeah its too hard to get them back in yourself. Does this mean I could if I tried??? Or should I just go make another appointment?

starzz

#2 Post by starzz »

You should make an appt; do not wait until November. They use special tools to close those.
Braced for 2 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 5 days (the 2nd time ‘round)
Hawley on top, Essix on bottom

Audra

#3 Post by Audra »

I was able to push the wire back in and close the door on one of my brackets. But when it happened on a different tooth, I could not get the wire back in all, so had to go back to the ortho.

If you can get the wire in and the door closed, then you don't have to make an appointment. The assistant at my ortho's office said if I could manage it myself, that's fine - because that's all they would do anyway. If you can't, then you definitely should not wait until November as it will affect tooth movement.

Donna

#4 Post by Donna »

I've opened and closed a bracket myself once, when I noticed the wire was not attached. I have a dental tool (looks like a small metal hook with a long handle - don't know what it's called) that I used to open and close the bracket. I'm glad I was able to avoid a trip to the ortho!

Lola

#5 Post by Lola »

Hi all thanks for the replies. I went to the ortho today, they clipped in the two clips and then banded the down with wire. Its probably good I went as maybe there was a problem with them since they bth popped out and were beside each other.