Has anyone finished on time???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Maria83

#1 Post by Maria83 »

I read the "How long have you have braces?" topic and I just started wondering if anyone has actually finished on time - or even earlier or if we are all victims of an orthodontic conspiracy of misguidance :evil: ???

fdd1212

#2 Post by fdd1212 »

Mine was predicted for 20-26 months and they're coming off at 21mo. My ortho is awesome though, and I haven't missed an apt yet. Bottoms come off tomorrow and tops come off next week.

cakeorbed

#3 Post by cakeorbed »

Ooh congratulations! bet you're so excited!!! :D

fdd1212

#4 Post by fdd1212 »

cakeorbed wrote:Ooh congratulations! bet you're so excited!!! :D
Thanks! I'm VERY excited!

Lela

#5 Post by Lela »

My estimate was 14-18 months. I'm getting the braces off next Monday @ 12months 19days. :D
Fully braced 9-02-08
Braces off 9-21-09

Maria83

#6 Post by Maria83 »

Awww congrats fdd1212 and Lela, I bet you are so happy :) ! It's good to hear from those who make it on time!

electrokitty

#7 Post by electrokitty »

The estimated treatment time at my initial consultation was 18 months.
After my records were done my ortho changed her estimate to 12-15 months.

But looks like I'm gonna be done even earlier! At my last adjustment in August my ortho said I would have one more adjustment in October then they will most likely come off in November, after 11 months- yey!

I'll be so happy if they are off for Christmas! On the one hand I am trying not to get too excited in case things don't work out for a November de-bracing.

Takako

#8 Post by Takako »

I was estimated at 2 years (24 mos) but I believe that was her full estimated time including time for 24/7 retainers. I'm almost 7 months in now, and my teeth are fairly straight and 2/4 gaps are closed from extractions :D I'm closing about a gap a month since she put in power chain which is awesome. What needs to be worked on after November will be my bite. I don't know how long that will take; several months I'd think. I got the braces on in Jan/Feb, and they'll still be on past that anniversary I'm projecting at this point. But I think/hope I'll be in retainers by next fall!

Jewles

#9 Post by Jewles »

I had my braces on in january and was given a 18-21 month sentence.
At my last appt in august my ortho said my extraction gaps were closed and we are onto the final stage of treatment which is all the small refinements and will take another 7-8 months. I didnt think it would take so long to make all the small changes!
Even with another 8 months they will be off in less than 15 months which is alot quicker than i was expecting.

Whitters

#10 Post by Whitters »

My estimated time was 15 months, however, I've been in braces for about 28 months. Luckily, I'll be "braces-free" in a couple of weeks :banana:
B-day: May 14th 2007

jenny101101

#11 Post by jenny101101 »

I was told 22 months and I got them off at 18 months!! 4 months early was a very nice surprise :D .
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Quirky Girl

#12 Post by Quirky Girl »

My estimated time in braces was 18 months. I am almost at the 2 year mark with no end in sight...very frustrating :cry:

BracedInTheCity

#13 Post by BracedInTheCity »

hm...what contributes to the longer or extended treatment times?
Braced: 8/25/09
Damon System
Approximate Tx Time: 18 Months

PatJ

#14 Post by PatJ »

My ortho's estimate for my treatment was 2 years. I now have a deband date (never thought this day would come!) of 4th November which will be 2 years and 4 days, so I am exactly on time. The only reason for the extra 4 days is that a weekend and a public holiday get in the way!

I can't wait............

Darrin

#15 Post by Darrin »

Mine was 18 set for months and I got them off at 17 months. But I did have upper and lower jaw surgery at 10 months in.