question about gaps and molar build ups *

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KRAGUCCi

question about gaps and molar build ups *

#1 Post by KRAGUCCi »

ok so i have molar build ups on my first molars ( i think ) ? and there on the bottom. question 1 is when will i get these off and question two is, does my arch wire actually close my gaps or is it the powerchains that do it because if thats the case im gonna have these ugly gaps for alongggggg time before they get to close : (

" it may have been in bits and pieces, but i gave you the best of me " <3

CactusZAF

#2 Post by CactusZAF »

Well, the length of time you have the molar build-ups differs from person to person, I can only tell you that I had mine for 11.5 months (got them 1Sep08 and they were taken off 13Aug09), but you do get used to them after a while and they don't bother you anymore.

In my experience the gaps are most affected by power chains, although teeth do tend to move around (closing and opening gaps) on the archwire alone as well.

Best of luck. :wink:

danz23

#3 Post by danz23 »

Yeah i actually want power chains!! So I dont have extraction gaps anymore. Wonder when they'll start trying to close them??
Treatment by a Cosmetic Dentist:
1/3/07-22/11/07: removable appliances
22/11/07-10/2/09: Innovation C on uppers
8/1?/08-10/2/09: Innovation R on lowers
Ortho:
25/2/09-29/8/11: Clarity brackets

KRAGUCCi

Hurryyy

#4 Post by KRAGUCCi »

i want them too !! i feel that if i have the chains id feel way more confident with the braces atleast my teeth would like look good underneith but now i have two negatives like a mouth of metal with gaps ew lol
" it may have been in bits and pieces, but i gave you the best of me " <3