Just out of curiosity

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

khrystal1968

Just out of curiosity

#1 Post by khrystal1968 »

If you paid your ortho in full, and you decide to switch orthos for sake of better treatment, can you get the remainder of your money back?

cathykay

#2 Post by cathykay »

Have you received any treatment from your current (paid) orthodontist?

Ceramic on the top, metal on bottom

My Braces Story! (with pictures!)

khrystal1968

#3 Post by khrystal1968 »

Yes. Nine months in.

Dutchess

#4 Post by Dutchess »

Thanks for posting this Krystal, I was wondering the same thing! (we might be moving)

jjjmac

#5 Post by jjjmac »

I'm sure it varies ortho to ortho, but in general, you should be able to get money back. Since they usually discount if you pay in full, you might not get back quite as much as you'd think but it should be fair. Take a look at whatever papers they had you sign when you first got the braces and see if it's addressed in those.
First Ortho Consult: 6/12/08
4 premolars extracted: 11/4/08
Braced Upper & Lower w/TPA: 11/6/08
Debraced: 11/18/10

Lori

#6 Post by Lori »

Hi Khrystal,

I paid my ortho in full and my contract/receipt shows a breakdown of the treatment I paid for: records, building the braces & monthly ortho visits. If I left the practice after 9 nine months, I'd get back $1,400. Check the contract they had you sign and it should say something about how to switch orthos. Good luck.

Lori