Elastic Question?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Megan11

Elastic Question?

#1 Post by Megan11 »

OKay my bottom teeth are done and my ortho assit said I could probably go ahead and get them off. But, I definitely need to continue wearing elastics for my top teeth. As those of you who have elastics know, they connect to the hooks on the bottom brackets....So I was wondering how do you wear elastics when you only have one arch braced?

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

peach

#2 Post by peach »

I'm not really sure either. I would guess that they keep a band on your molars or a hook bracket just for that purpose. Hopefully someone with experience will give you a definite answer. Congrats on getting the bottoms off! :)

DrJasonKTam

Re: Elastic Question?

#3 Post by DrJasonKTam »

Megan11 wrote:OKay my bottom teeth are done and my ortho assit said I could probably go ahead and get them off. But, I definitely need to continue wearing elastics for my top teeth. As those of you who have elastics know, they connect to the hooks on the bottom brackets....So I was wondering how do you wear elastics when you only have one arch braced?
If you find out could you let me know also? ;) There are ways of moving the entire lower arch, but that would still require some kind of appliance.

Your bottom teeth may be straight, but without a proper relationship to your top teeth, you'll need to keep them on to coordinate the upper and lower arches.

Probably a good idea to speak to the orthodontist :).
Dr. Jason Tam
Toronto Invisalign, Scarborough braces, and Markham Orthodontist
Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider
Thrice Published in the Invisalign Case Gallery

http://www.mcosmiles.com

Learn all about Toronto Invisalign at http://www.torontobraces.ca.

Before and After Invisalign Video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNTVxoTQqR8
Before and After Invisalign Video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywcwlyL-sg8

Megan11

Re: Elastic Question?

#4 Post by Megan11 »

DrJasonKTam wrote:
Megan11 wrote:OKay my bottom teeth are done and my ortho assit said I could probably go ahead and get them off. But, I definitely need to continue wearing elastics for my top teeth. As those of you who have elastics know, they connect to the hooks on the bottom brackets....So I was wondering how do you wear elastics when you only have one arch braced?
If you find out could you let me know also? ;) There are ways of moving the entire lower arch, but that would still require some kind of appliance.

Your bottom teeth may be straight, but without a proper relationship to your top teeth, you'll need to keep them on to coordinate the upper and lower arches.

Probably a good idea to speak to the orthodontist :).

Oh man, if you don't know that's not good news for me. I suppose they may leave that bracket in place upon removal.... hmmm I'm scared to phone and ask I feel like I have already annoyed the crap out of my ortho haha! :oops:

Thanks Peach! :D

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal