discouraged too soon?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

colorpurple

discouraged too soon?

#1 Post by colorpurple »

i had sarpe surgery on june 16th, and its been 5 weeks. i'm instructed to turn the key every other week, and i so my ortho today, and he still wants to keep turning!

also, he mentioned my probable need to get a TAD to help close my open bite. this was never mentioned before. have any of you had this? my ortho is trying to avoid a second surgery and achieve vertical molar impaction this way.

i'm just discouraged that i have to keep turning the key and live with a gaping gap in the front of my teeth. and that i don't have braces on yet. i feel like crying.

i'm starting to regret doing this and i don't even have braces on yet. :( :(

ellen

#2 Post by ellen »

I don't know what sarpe surgery or a TAD is, I just have plain old braces, but I feel so bad for you. The only advice I can give is to not give up. Almost as soon as you get the braces on you'll see improvement in your teeth and it will make the experience worth it. None of us are in braces because braces are fun (well, apparantly there are people with brace fetishes, which I find hilarious), we're in it for the end result. You seem to have orthodontic issues which need addressing, and you're doing the right thing. So hang in there.....

Ellen

ellen

#3 Post by ellen »

Wow - I just googled Sarpe surgery and TADs and now I really feel bad for you. Compared to what you've just been through, having braces will be a breeze.

Ellen

amandajane

#4 Post by amandajane »

Wow - I just googled Sarpe surgery and TADs and now I really feel bad for you. Compared to what you've just been through, having braces will be a breeze.
I don't think I'd want to know, it may make me hurl. :cry:

My story: viewtopic.php?t=31380

Megan11

#5 Post by Megan11 »

Try using the search bar. I have seen people post here who have had TAD's/SARPE etc.

Don't give up yet. When it comes to orthodontics things usually have to get worse before they will get better. Just keep picturing the end result, it will be so worth it to finally have the smile you have always dreamed of.

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal