oral with a tpa?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missjayme

oral with a tpa?

#1 Post by missjayme »

I just got an expander put in,
its not the big bulky one, the tpa,
but it feels weird to me,
and I was just wondering if
someone else had this
and was still able to perform oral
comfortably for both people?
this is what it looks like. http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i185/ ... sx/TPA.jpg

I love my teeth

#2 Post by I love my teeth »

sorry, I don't know the answer, but I read your post as "here is what it looks like" ( meaning the oral, not the device)...........ugh, my mind is in the gutter!!

good luck, I think I am getting my TPA at the end of the summer!
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

jjjmac

#3 Post by jjjmac »

The short answer is... not really. At least, if you're female, then no, it's pretty impossible to do it to a male. I think it'd probably be fine to do it to a female, but I don't have experience on that end of it.

It might also depend on how they do the inside brackets (which hold the TPA in place). In the picture you posted, the brackets look like they melted some metal on there to smooth it all out. In my case, I just have plain old brackets (not quite like the braces brackets, but similar in size and shape). And the way mine were - squared and relatively sharp, no, there was NO way I could do oral on my boyfriend. I have a small mouth, and I guess if you have a larger mouth then *maybe* it would be possible, but I don't know. I guess the only thing you can do is (carefully) try and see how it goes.

I actually got my TPA out today - finally! But the brackets are still there and the ortho doesn't really want to take them off unless they "really bother me." I was too embarrassed to say - well, it doesn't bother me so much as my boyfriend, if you know what I mean." agh I'll be so glad when this is all done! :)
First Ortho Consult: 6/12/08
4 premolars extracted: 11/4/08
Braced Upper & Lower w/TPA: 11/6/08
Debraced: 11/18/10

Ice runner

#4 Post by Ice runner »

My advice is, try it. ;) If any of you dont like it, or whatever, just stop. You will see. I have TPA and my girlfriend was cool to try, and there was no problem. Just take time and no rush.