Where to find extra rubberbands?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amandajane

Where to find extra rubberbands?

#1 Post by amandajane »

How do I find rubberbands? Would they be at a dental supply store or do I buy them online?

my story:viewtopic.php?t=31380[url][/url]

Audra

#2 Post by Audra »

You ask your orthodontist for them. They give them to you for free.

amandajane

Response

#3 Post by amandajane »

They ( my orthodontist) don't give them out, cause my front teeth haven't closed up yet. :x

My story: viewtopic.php?t=31380[url][/url]

Audra

#4 Post by Audra »

If they are not giving you rubber bands yet, why are you trying to find them on your own? Elastics are used for precise reasons at specific times, in varying configurations and with many different strengths of elastics.

Please tell me you have not decided to add them to your treatment on your own accord.

amandajane

response

#5 Post by amandajane »

No, I haven't added them, I am just worried that's all. This forum helps bring unanswered questions to light.Thanks

My story: viewtopic.php?t=31380[url][/url]

Audra

#6 Post by Audra »

Then your ortho DOES give them out. You just don't have them because you are not ready. I think maybe you should stop stressing about this stuff and start trusting your orthodontist.

macgirl4ever

This is weird

#7 Post by macgirl4ever »

I feel like there is some sort of miscommnication going on here. Amandajane, audra was cautioning you not to add to your treatment. No one knows your teeth or how to make them move than your ortho.

I do wonder, however, if amandajane was just curious about what might come in the future?
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

Lela

#8 Post by Lela »

As Audra says your ortho will provide them for you if/when you need them.
If you run low between adjustments you can either go pick up some more (from the ortho office) or call and have them mailed to you. I've only had to get extras once and I simply called and said I was running low. They looked up what I was wearing and I had an extra bag in the mail the next day.
Fully braced 9-02-08
Braces off 9-21-09

dugsmom

#9 Post by dugsmom »

When you are ready for rubber bands, your ortho will give you a package or two. I always request a 3rd package because I go through them fast (I snack a lot). If you run out, just stop by your ortho's office and ask the girl at the front for more.