Guys have a better time with braces than girls?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JHova

Guys have a better time with braces than girls?

#1 Post by JHova »

Is this generally the case? Because i notice a lot guys don't really mind having braces on compared to most girls.

Eric805

#2 Post by Eric805 »

I'm 26 with metals and I'm having a hard time with them.

Audra

#3 Post by Audra »

I'm not having a hard time with them.

Neptune

#4 Post by Neptune »

In my opinion, I just think that women are just more likely to complain. :) Besides, women (generally) are more vocal about their emotions anyway. As such, I highly doubt one sex experiences more pain than the other.
08 Apr 2008 - Front teeth braced.
30 Aug 2010 - New bracket brand placed on upper four incisors.

Initial Ortho Sentence: 18-20 months.

Megan11

#5 Post by Megan11 »

I think men are more accepting of women in braces than the other way around.

But, as for just having them in general, I would think men handle it better. Its subjective either way but I think braces are hard to handle for either sex.

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

mist

#6 Post by mist »

girls got an advantage,
its not unusual they work on their appearance (make up for example), for men, is often limited to looks clean. So my point is that a man working on his appearance will have harder time than a girl, at least from a social point of view.
(_we_ know braces are not limited to appearance but ...)