how many teeth do you have left?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MakePinkNotWar

#16 Post by MakePinkNotWar »

I have 28 teeth left after having my wisdom teeth taken out a few years ago. I think 28 is a perfect fit for my mouth, I couldn't imagine having any less or anymore. I wouldn't worry about having less than 28 though, one of my best friends had to have many teeth extracted simply because her mouth was too small for all her teeth. I forget the exact number now since she had them extracted many years ago.
Most days I forget I even have braces.

staceyr2

#17 Post by staceyr2 »

I have 27. Never had wisdom teeth, and had a premolar (is that a bicuspid?) extracted after braces went on.
Most people I know who had braces as kids have about 24 teeth.
staceyr2
(braced after age 30)
wearing metal self-ligating on both

Lela

#18 Post by Lela »

I have 32. My wisdom teeth came in nice and upright and my teeth are small so I didn't have an overcrowding problem.
I expected the orthodontist would want me to have my wisdoms removed but he said there was no reason for them to go.
Fully braced 9-02-08
Braces off 9-21-09

yj207

#19 Post by yj207 »

I also have 24 teeth, it's kind of nice - fewer teeth to floss!

jjjmac

#20 Post by jjjmac »

24 here also. I don't think it's as unusual as you think. :) I had 4 teeth removed before getting the braces on, and I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed a few years before that. The bad thing is that I never lost my baby molars so they are really worn down and in bad shape. stupid mutant genes :p
First Ortho Consult: 6/12/08
4 premolars extracted: 11/4/08
Braced Upper & Lower w/TPA: 11/6/08
Debraced: 11/18/10