Pushed back yet again

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jesspenguin

Pushed back yet again

#1 Post by jesspenguin »

I just had my appointment where I thought I might get my braces off, since I was scheduled to get a bottom permanent retainer today, but no go.

My doctor wants to close up a gap between two bottom teeth and also do a little more correction on my bite. I have regular ligs on top, which is a change from the energy chain I'd had for a while, and I have two energy chains doubled-up on the bottom. I also get to wear two elastics in a triangle on each side, going from my top first molars to the top and bottom canines (these are the most annoying thing). Then to fix the gap on the bottom right between my canine and first molar I have a class I.

I'm scheduled to go back in 3 weeks to have permanent retainers put in on the top and bottom. They're going to leave the brackets on sans wires and bands for one week after that to make sure that there are no drastic changes, and then I'll go back in and they'll remove the brackets. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will actually happen next time, but honestly I wouldn't be completely shocked if it got pushed back again for some reason.

Even though I knew there was a chance I wouldn't be free of braces today, it's still disappointing that I'm not. It is really nice having a set appointment to get them off though, so here's hoping that this next 4 weeks really will be the last.
Time spent in braces: 16 months
Retainers: Top/bottom bonded and top/bottom Essix at night

Andromeda

#2 Post by Andromeda »

Aww, that is frustrating I'm sure. Your teeth will just look that much better when they DO come off though. Hope the next month flies by for you!

i814u2c

#3 Post by i814u2c »

Wow, that sounds frustrating. Mine are supposed to come off tomorrow. I hope you get yours off soon! :D
37 YR F METAL TOP AND BOTTOM
TOP ON OCT 04
BOTTOM ON DEC 04