I never realized..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

magster

I never realized..

#1 Post by magster »

how quickly time flies....

Ive been braced for almost 2 months and I remember when I first joined this forum it was day 1 of being braced - i would read some of these posts and see others countdowns/tickers and was a bit jealous to see that some people have had braces for a month 2 months... 6 months etc and I kept on thinking to myself GOSH how did these people get through so much already when I am sitting here obsessing about these and Ive had them for a day.

also, the worst part was noticing random AKWARD CHANGES that didnt make sense to me.. spaces being created where I didnt think they needed to be created.

Overall I HAVE FINALLY COME TO TERMS WITH MY BRACES :D

do I like them? -- eh I have my days where I wish I could rip them off but overall I guess I have accepted them.
Spacers: 8 - 4 top, 4 bottom on 04.04.09
Braced on: 04.09.09
Sentence: 18-24 Months

Andromeda

Re: I never realized..

#2 Post by Andromeda »

magster wrote:Overall I HAVE FINALLY COME TO TERMS WITH MY BRACES :D

do I like them? -- eh I have my days where I wish I could rip them off but overall I guess I have accepted them.
I feel the same way but you got there wayyy before me haha. I really obsessed in a negative way until very recently. It had been over a year until I got to the point where you are, so great job :)

Hope your good attitude sticks with you for the remainder of treatment. I think this site helped a lot with that for me. I had lurked for a while but didn't join and get personal support til about 10 months or so into treatment. It really is a life/sanity-saver sometimes!

tazzle

#3 Post by tazzle »

before you know it they will just feel "normal" and you will almost forget what it is like to NOT have braces :lol: :lol: :lol:

[/url]

ImageImage

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#4 Post by blindboarder2008 »

glad you are getting used to them magster!!!!:D:D time will continually to fly by, I still can't believe I've had my braces for over a year and getting jaw surgery tomorrow!!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

cathykay

#5 Post by cathykay »

I know what you mean!

I was browsing the forum for a while before I got my braces. Looking at everyone's counters and progress photos, I would get jealous that they were seeing improvements and were on their way to being de-braced, meanwhile I was just sitting at home with crooked teeth. Now that I'm in braces too, it's weird but exciting to see the counter keep moving and have people commenting on MY progress.

It's funny how other people are now looking at our replies and thinking thinking "Wow, they have had their braces for two whole months!!" One day, we will be the girls posting that we are finally getting our braces off and other people will be jealous of us. ;)

Ceramic on the top, metal on bottom

My Braces Story! (with pictures!)

lovelyleo

#6 Post by lovelyleo »

Time does fly by. I think I handle my braces in a cycle. I dred them for about a month or two then wake up one morning and see a gap closed or a tooth move dramatically, get excited for an adjustment, dred the discomfort afterwards, get in a funk because I don't see movement for awhile, and then wake up a few weeks or a month later and notice drastic changes and it starts all over again. I warn future brace wearers that treatment is sure as hell not about instant gratification. The only thing I do miss about braces is the 140 dollars missing every month out of my bank account..but I HAVE to pay for services rendered...needless to say I have big plans for that money when I'm done with braces.

Debrace DAY Monday June 14th!!!!
24-30 month estimated treatment time